Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if Scotty is done losing his kitten teeth, but I'm wondering if the teething process is painful for them, like when a baby goes through this?

If so, are there any "home" remedies to help? I know if he chews on things, that will help, but I haven't really seen him try this (except on my hand!).

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, since I didn't get any suggestions in here, I searched online for remedies.

I tried tying a sock into a knot, wetting it and then freezing it, but he didn't really show interest. I don't have rope laying around to try either. I did remember that I have straws (I still can't remember WHY I had them) so I tied a knot in two of them and got him to chew on those.

That's about all I could find to do, so if anyone else is going through this, that's what I found.

Btw, I'm glad to read that his stinky breath is because he's teething, =oD.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Before getting annoyed because you got no replies try to give it more than a day.

You posted 1 30 am my time, and your second one at 4 20
Both times I was either in bed or still at work, give it some time :)

I never had problems with my cats and loosing teeth, they didnt show problems eating and didnt chew anything.

I have heard about the rope in the freexer, but mainly for dogs I dont know how a cat will take to it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry, I didn't intend for my post to sound as if I were annoyed. =o)

That was not my intention at all. =o( The reason I did post again was merely to inform anyone that read the post later that I had tried multiple things already and to provide information to those that might have had the same question.

Again, I'm sorry if my second post sounded as if I were annoyed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts