Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. A little back ground information.. I got my dsh all black cat when he was 6 weeks old.. The people were getting rid of them so I had to take him then.. anyway, he is such a baby. He sucks on blankets all the time to relax himself and has to sleep with me and my boyfriend at night and all the doors in the apartment have to be open (including the bathroom door even when we are in there). Ever since we have had him (He is two and neutered), whenever we have company he will go into this terrified state and run for a hiding place. He is very shy and even when our company is gone he will not come out of his hiding place until like the next day..This means he doesn't eat or drink water at all during this period even if we put food near him. I would like to know what is causing this and if it can be helped. I dont' like to see "nightmare" like this. He is a very beautiful cat and I love to show him off... but with him doing this I can't.. Any help would be great .. Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi,

Your kitty will most likely grow out of this. Our newest cat, Domino, was scared crazy when we got her, she wouldn't come near anyone, just seeing us from a distance made her scatter under the bed. She is not like that anymore. She is very loving and tame. She still doesn't get around strangers, but she doesn't run and hide anymore.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, just give kitty lots of luv and time. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is two years old now, so at first I assumed he would grow out of it but now that he is not a kitten is seems to be worse. He goes into this state of like paralyzed with fear after he hides... It's really bad because even up to 2 days afterwords he will be scared of everything.. This cant' be good for nightmare....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess talking to the Vet would be the best thing to do at this point. It's terrible that that is happening.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Have you tried to close all doors and just put your cat in the living room with the guests over? Im assuming then you have hiding spots in the living room then? My cat Twinkie is scared of ppl too but doesn't hide forever afterwards tho. <<))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts