Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been so hot and humid here since about Monday. The temps have been in the high 80s to low 90s with A LOT of humidity. We've had to have the windows shut and the air conditioning turned on just to keep the house tolerable.

Well, here it is after 9:30 a.m. and it's only 65 degrees still! I finally have the windows open again. There's nothing better than fresh air! Another great thing is I made my first pot of coffee in about a week because it's cool enough to handle it. Yum - the coffee is good!

How are the temps where you're at?

·
Registered
695 Posts
We've had horrid rain and thudnerstorms the past few days, washed out roads, people have flooded basements etc. But the temp remained beautiful despite the rain I for once could turn off the AC and open the windows as long as the rain was blowing the right way and be perfectly comfortable. It's been in the low 20's for most of the week with the rain and storms.

Getting a high of 27°C today and its supposed to be sunny all day, perhaps the grass shall actually get cut if it isn't too soggy out there. We needed rain after being in 40°C heat for a few weeks but not this much! Holy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in Dallas, TX, so it's really hot here. We'll be hitting three digits again over the weekend, and no rain in sight. Pretty much indoors all the time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
High 90's here in Oklahoma and expected to hit 100 at the weekend.
That means I'll NOT be mowing the grass! 8O

I'll have to find a nice cool indoor job to do instead, maybe repot some plants or browse a few seed catalogues. :D

Mick.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Temperatures right now are about 78F/26C. Over the weekend, we are expected to hover around 85F/30C.

I too am glad for the lower temps because like you Jo, I appreciate the fresh air. Plus while I get very good electric rates (I paid 62 dollars for 762 kilowatts usage for the month), it is nice not to have to run the air conditioners for a few days and thus save on my electric bill.

Now unlike Jo, I drink coffee in all weather. If it is 90F/33C out, I will still drink coffee! I gotta have my coffee!!!!! :cussing :devil

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
this weather is whats got me working the weekends. We use insane amounts of power and during peak usage times when it's that hot the power company shuts us down because of the strain on the power grid. We must then make up production on off-shifts and weekends. :crying :dis

(the melting floor will consume enough electricity in a single shift to power a large home for decades)

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
catnip said:
this weather is whats got me working the weekends. We use insane amounts of power and during peak usage times when it's that hot the power company shuts us down because of the strain on the power grid. We must then make up production on off-shifts and weekends. :crying :dis

(the melting floor will consume enough electricity in a single shift to power a large home for decades)
Steve, who is your electric company? CEI?? That's pretty bad.

Now just imagine if we were to go to widespread electric car usage with our current grid... 8O Too bad unit 2 at Perry was never completed.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
hypertweeky said:
Donaldjr1969 said:
Now unlike Jo, I drink coffee in all weather. If it is 90F/33C out, I will still drink coffee! I gotta have my coffee!!!!! :cussing :devil
You can have iced coffee :wink:
I would probably have an iced coffee late in the afternoon or evening to relax. But when I get up in the morning or if it is late in the morning Maria, I will drink hot coffee no matter what the temperature is. :)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The coffee conversion is funny, everybody! :lol:

We got to enjoy mild temperatures until the middle of the afternoon yesterday and then it got HOT! It stayed hot and humid for about 4 hours and then the sun started setting and things got cooler again. The temperature right now at almost 4 in the afternoon is 83 and it's expected to climb a few more degrees before it tops out - YUCK! I want temps in the low 70s again.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
We've been about 85-90 for most of the summer, with 65-74 for overnight temps. Cloudy/rainy days it will be cooler by 10-15 degrees. Today was overcast, about an 80-85 day, and it looks like we are getting afternoon developing thunder storms popping up.

Hubby works for a peaking station. Gas prices are so high right now, the electric company has to be desperate before they will call them to run. They are getting a lot of maintenance done, in the meantime.
h

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The weather this summer has problably been the most temperate we've had for years now around here. Temps in the low 80's and humidity quite tolerable. Haven't broke a sweat this summer at all. Lovin' it!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeanie said:
Jo, I'm freezing when the temperature is in the low 70's! Don't wish that on those of us with no blood! I wear a sweater in the house when it's that chilly!
:lol: I have a feeling if you were born and raised around here you wouldn't consider the low 70s chilly. Honestly, to a fairly large majority of people around here at that's perfect conditions.

Yesterday a huge T-storm rolled through the area producing about an inch and a half of rain and then the temps shot up into the mid 80s afterward. I thought I was gonna die with those temps and all the humidity! We live in a valley and you could see the moisture hanging in the air all around us.

Right now, it's 80 degrees outside. About an hour ago I was outside playing with Peanut and I hated the heat. As soon as I got back in I shut all the windows and flipped the AC on to 73 degrees, with an oscillating fan behind me right now. Also, I'm sitting here in shorts and I never wear long sleeves, not even during the winter.

After supper tonight, I'm going to the salon to get my hair cut short. I just can't take the heat.

My mom jokes that there's antifreeze in my blood. :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts