Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone- I'm a newbie, both on the site and as a cat owner- Miss Kitty is a 7yo adopted cat and a great birder. But I love my birds! Today she left me a sparrow by my desk (her third)....I have a bell around her neck and let her out for only a few hours each day....(she's an outside cat from the previous owner).....any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Some cats can somehow learn to keep the bell quiet! There's not a lot you can do, because many birds eat the seed that drops on the ground. I don't allow my cats out at all. I honestly think that's better for the birds and the cats. They'll both live longer.

If your cat is used to being outside, he'll hate being enclosed at first, so you'll need to provide fun toys. However, the best idea is to build a simple enclosure attached to the house with a kitty door and enclosed on all sides by wire. The structure doesn't have to be complicated, just 2 by 2's, a door for you to use, and some tree limbs and toys. Of course, cats love perches at different heights. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts