Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to thank everyone for all your help. I have posted a few questions in preparation for bringing home Toby, which won't be for another 4 weeks, and appreciate all your help.

When I post questions on a specific yahoo group it seems many members, mostly made up of breeders, seem to be a bit short and judgmental in their responses. For example, when I asked if it would be prudent for me to have my new kitty tested for corona virus, some responded " why would you want to waste your money" or "the test is useless except to make money for the vet" or "all catteries have it, don't be such a worrier". While those may all be true, it felt like the breeders on the forum would rather lecture that inform.

Anyways, thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods, change forum please

Mods, I meant to post this in Chit Chat, can you move this

·
Registered
176 Posts
I do my best (and sometimes struggle) to believe that when people on pet forums appear to be judgmental to me, it's just because they are passionate about that particular animal. I do my best (and sometimes struggle) to not take it personally. ;)

I've found (on here and other pet forums) that I get to choose to whom I listen (read) and to whom I ignore. If somebody is judgmental and harsh, I just click "ignore"... if people are kind, I tend to enjoy their posts the most.

If life could have an "Ignore" feature for people we meet day to day! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
My cat world would be pretty quiet! Id pick up the phone and 1/4 of the time I guess I wouldnt hear anyone! Some of my texts would be empty. The rescue world can be quiet political and I refuse to listen or become involved. I just go do my own thing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts