Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,its coming up! What are you thankful for,this year? Percy got a pre-turkey treat yesterday,I went to a harvest dinner at my friend's church,brought back a nummy or 2! So,what's on tap?

Football?
Turkey?
Parades?
Centerpieces?
Turkey?
Dressing our cats up like Indians and pilgrims?
Cranberry sauce?
Sweet Taters?
Turkey?

I'm going to dinner with my family ,AND I might not need the Prozac stuffing! They've mellowed considerably!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Well, our Thanksgiving has been and gone. So, I will be working on Thursday and thinking about all of my U.S. friends enjoying their turkey dinner. Have fun!

·
Registered
858 Posts
On Sept.27th my 21 y/o niece was involved in a horrendous car accident. We were told she is a quadriplegic and would never come out of her coma due to her severe head injury. My brother called me last night and said that within the last week she's come out of her coma and is mouthing words AND she has some feeling in her arms and toes. I just came from the hospital and God love her, it's true. She has a very very long way to go and anything could happen in the meantime but we are hopeful.
This is an honest to God miracle. This is what I am thankful for.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Awwww, Shari, what an amazing miracle!!! God bless her, and may things continue to improve!!!! That is definitely some great to be thankful for!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Shari: That is most definitely something to be thankful for! What a tragic accident, but hopefully a happy ending will emerge. I hope she continues to get better and better each day.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
@ Shari - that is wonderful news. I will keep your neice in my prayers.

I will be going to my small group (bible study type thing) for a Thanksgiving potluck tonight then I will be coming home to pack my stuff and the kitties into the car and drive to Delaware late tonight (only a 2 and a half hour drive, but if I wait till tomorrow it will take 5 hours). Then I will be spending the next 4 days with my family, including going to my aunt and uncle's house for the Thanksgiving festivities. Usually over 20 family members come to this thing. Its a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Going to spend a couple days with my late husband's sister & family.

This is the first time I will be leaving Lily & Harli...my neighbor is coming over to feed them & clean out litterboxes. She came over last night & both cats ran upstairs and hid under the bed. They wouldn't come down until she left.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'm cooking dinner for the kids and David. Our menu:

Turkey
Mac 'n' Cheese
Rice
Mashed taters
Stuffing
Gravy
Green beans
Candied Yams
Ham
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

I'm doing everything homemade. With the exception of the stuffing, there will be no boxes in my cooking. Also, this will be the first time I've made a pecan pie. I hope it turns out okay. *fingers crossed*

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I'm making deep dish pizza. :grin:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I think we're having a nice quiet day at home with my boyfriend's parents who are visiting from Wisconsin. I'm not cooking this year (for once!), so I get a bit of a break. I'm excited for the start of the holidays for the first time with my kitties!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
The pies are done. And if how good the pecan pie smelled while baking is any indication, I have a new dish to add to my repertoire. I'm going to assemble the macaroni 'n' cheese and the green bean casserole tonight, but bake them tomorrow along with the turkey, ham and candied yams. I'll also make a salad, too. I'm probably going to get up around 8 am and put the turkey in the oven.

·
Banned
470 Posts
This thanksgiving I'm actually not heading over to family, and will just chillax. I've done enough traveling for one year.

Bought Wesley and Buttercup a 5oz can of Wellness turkey recipe, heh! For myself, turkey burgers with avocado! :D

I am thankful for Diamond at Fantasy Cabaret. <3

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
I usually dont celebrate holidays. I hate them except for Christmas. (long story ala family history issues :?)

A friend texted me to come spent Thanksgiving with them. She is doing a vegan dinner. Sounded interesting so I accepted. Not sure whats on the menu. Tofurky?? Well see.

Then I plan on coming home and vegging and watching movie and being with my cats. Im burnt out on being gone after the last 6 week trip. I want to zone out and do nothing.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Well it looks like I'm cooking tomorrow for the first time ever...we were supposed to go to family friends, but mom isn't feeling up to climbing the stairs into their house (she popped 3 vertebrae this summer due to osteoporosis and while she's a lot better than she was, she's still having a tough time getting around).

Anyway...that leaves me to cook. I'm not much of a turkey fan, so since I'm doing the cooking, we're having chicken. Nana's stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed taters, cranberry sauce, maybe another veggie and that's it...keeping it simple since it's just the 3 of us.

Patriots are on at 12:30, so I have to make the stuffing in the morning and get some other prep done. Then finish up after the game.

I wish everyone a great day!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Well it looks like I'm cooking tomorrow for the first time ever...

I'm not much of a turkey fan, so since I'm doing the cooking, we're having chicken.
Good luck with cooking for yer first time! It's a lot of work, but it's actually really fun and kinda rewarding to know that you made all that food, heh.

Neither my boyfriend or I are really into turkey either. The last three Thanksgivings we've had I've done roast beef, ham, and cornish hens. :smile:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts