Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Captain Nero seems to be settling in just fine and dandy so far, and oh boy apparently we named him just right:roll:

He saunters around the house when we are home, "inspecting" his domain. He walks up to the dogs and snorts in their faces then saunters right back off.

HE does not walk to you for attention, he demands attention, he may even act like he is walking towards you, but the moment you move towards him he walks off, should you stop he gives you "the look" until you follow him to his choice of comfort then demands the petting. He prefers full body pets, but if you do too much he demands head petting.

Sleeping is completely optional for you, but his spot on the bed must be made smooth and comfortable for him, whether it is in your spot or not, you, yourself, may also be his mattress.

He also has his "captain quarters" under out bed. its an old water bed, the doors to the foot are to remain open so he can lounge there in comfort and observe some of his domain.

We of course love his attitude. Cant wait til the kitten comes in!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I am often Abby's mattress. She jumps on the bed, walks up and down me and then picks a spot to settle down -- sometimes on top of me, sometimes beside me.

It's good to here Captain Nero is making himself at home!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the end of the 2nd night now, and he has claimed every inch of the house, and has proceeded to enter cabinets, knock over a drawer, get in the fireplace, etc. I did get notified that the kittens will be able to be adopted tomorrow, so we'll see what comes home tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts