Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Animal Recue site feeds abandoned animals in shelters and sanctuaries. All you have to do is click at this site! :D http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi- ... DSites.woa

The sponsors provide .6 cups of food for every click. I will click every day and post a reminder. Please join me. It is absolutely free. You don't give your name, just click and bump and you have fed an animal FREE. There are no catches. I can't afford to donate what I'd like, but I know I'm helping anyway. You can also click to save the rainforest, feed the hungry, and fight breast cancer. Try it, and I hope you become hooked on helping. I have been clicking for months. Only ONE click a day counts. :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thats great I'll do that, but I really don't believe that clicking on it will count as a donation. People probably advertised that way to get people to go the site but it just doesn't seem legit. I use to get stuff like that in my emails and my husband (major computer nerd) said that stuff isn't true.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Bengalsownme said:
Thats great I'll do that, but I really don't believe that clicking on it will count as a donation. People probably advertised that way to get people to go the site but it just doesn't seem legit. I use to get stuff like that in my emails and my husband (major computer nerd) said that stuff isn't true.
umm really..

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bengalsownme, Have you checked out the site? It is not "one big ad;" This link was given to me by a Doctor of Psychology and moderator for Health and Behaviour at a very large cat site, where we have been clicking for a year. I'm afraid people will not bother to click now.

I will do some more research to make sure, but it is my understandiing that this is a very reputable organization, sponsored by well known big companies.

·
Registered
366 Posts
lol yes I did check it out. Jeanie It was just my opinion. I still am clicking anyhoo. :) No big deal to click but I was saying in general when you hear about sites like that it's proabably not true.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand. Here is their statement:
About The Animal Rescue Site
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Launched in July 2002, The Animal Rescue Site focuses the power of the Internet on a specific need -- providing food for some of the 27 million unwanted animals given to shelters in the US every year. Each click on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button at The Animal Rescue Site provides a bowl of food for an animal at the world's largest pet adoption center, North Shore Animal League America, or at one of the Fund for Animals' world renowned animal sanctuaries, including the Black Beauty Ranch in Texas and the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in California.

Individuals from around the world visit the site each day to click the "Feed an Animal in Need" button and help feed rescued animals. Over 10 million animals are put to death every year in the US alone because they are unwanted, abandoned, or abused. A click on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button will provide a bowl of food in a warm, caring environment for one of these animals at no cost to you.

Back to the top

About The Fund for Animals

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a lot of searching-just to make sure!

This site was very comprehensive:

On the Web: Animal Rescue Site
Displaying results 1 to 10 of 2,027
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Animal Rescue Sites - Resources Directory
Directory spilt into 26 categories includes rescue, loss and bereavement, art, fun stuff and diet and nutrition resources.
URL: http://animalrescues.org/petresources/index.php

Animal Rescue Site, The
Provide food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary by clicking on the link. Donations are paid for by the site sponsors.
URL: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

FEMA.gov - Teams Deployed to Care for Animals at Disaster Sites
Brief article talks about the emergency veterinarian teams that were sent in to care for and rescue pets after the 9/11 disaster.
URL: http://www.fema.gov/nwz01/nwz01_102.shtm

·
Registered
201 Posts
There I did my good deed for the day and clicked it too. :) I'm sort of with bengals on how it could be a way to get more traffic to the site but it also might not be. I just figured that if you click once a day and its supposed to give .6 cups of food for your click then its worth it even if it is fake. Just the chance to offer a animal thats in a shelter .6 cups of food for a day is worth the two minutes it takes to go to the site and click and everything. So I'll keep clicking even if it has no benifit. To me, however, even a remote chance or just the hope or thought of providing them food for clicking it is benifit enough. :)

- Randy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thats all I was saying Blueanimal. It sounds like it is real on this site BUT in general... that is a scam to get people to visit the site. This particular site is nice and it's linked up to breast cancer and rainforest and children charities too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts