Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was swapping laundry from washer to dryer this morning when I saw a collapsed red mesh laundry basket fly out of the bathroom, seemly on it's own. Turns out the handle was looped around Holly's neck and she seemed to think that the devil himself was chasing her.

Down the hall, thru the kitchen, into the living room...turn around and rocket out onto the screened porch. By this time Maggie and Kobi wanted to see what was going on...they obviously thought it was the devil too, cause both of them arched up and completely fluffed out. Holly comes dashing back in with the devil on her heels and dives behind the couch. But devils can go behind the couch too and it held on tight and stopped Holly in her tracks.

Mama the Devil Slayer to the rescue, moved one piece of the sectional and was able to reach the devils feet. A gentle tug was all it took and the devil lost it's grip. Holly emerged trembling and wheezing with her little heart pounding, but essentially unscathed. MtDS picked her up and snuggled her for a while and she eventually calmed down. There was a tense moment when I picked up the devil to take it back in the bathroom, Holly's eyes grew extremely large and she looked like she was about to take off again. But I talked to her calmly and she came up to me and I let her sniff the devil. Then she rubbed her head against it...all was forgiven...nice laundry basket.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
What an adventure the kitties had this morning! :yikes Poor Holly...I remember The Wanderer doing the same thing with a plastic shopping bag, poor kitty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Burn the evil laundry basket. BURN IT!!!!!

If you don't, this minion of the devil may just turn Holly into a newt. And who knows if she'll get better.

...and no I'm not crazy. Really. I just happen to think Monty Python's Holy Grail is a cinematic masterpiece.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Poor, poor little Holly!! Thank goodness for MtDS!
Toss that devil to the Knights Who Say Ni!!!!!! Let them give it what for! 8O

·
Super Moderator
26,342 Posts
I believe the Evil Laundry Basket was avenging the slaying of the Grinch by Holly. :yikes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow.

That was an epic battle.

All she needed was a sword and shield and she would've been knighted.

At the very least, she deserves a cape.

She looks like such a big girl and I think you mentioned somewhere that she has some growing left to do? Hard to believe it's mostly due to fur. Whatever it is, she's a headturner. I'm sure the neighborhood boys are heartbroken. :wink:

·
Registered
146 Posts
:evil: hehehehhehehehheheheh :evil: i wont lie.....im a kitty tormentor! My wife gets mad at me because i like laugh like an evil child when i mess with our kittens.....

recently, my favortie thing to do to Allie, is put a sock on her head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i cut one end of it off, so she can see out, and she starts to flop like a fish LOLOL....i let her suffer for about 20 seconds then i pull it off....then the little booger still wants to play! she comes chasing after me accross the house trying to get the sock back from me like she wants to teach it a lesson! so i toss the sock down and she goes CRAZY on it, shaking it back and forth like shes trying to kill it....then when she gets bored with it, she carries over and drops it in her food bowl. saving it for later i guess?

and no matter how much i tease and torment her...she still loves me. i wake up almost every morning with her sitting on my chest purring, and meowing at me to "wake up already!!!"

i havent started messing with Mr higgins yet, as he dosesnt seems fully comfortable in his new surrounding.....just a couple more days :twisted:

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
DustinG. said:
she carries it [sock] over and drops it in her food bowl. saving it for later i guess?
Fiber.

DustinG. said:
i havent started messing with Mr higgins yet, as he dosesnt seems fully comfortable in his new surrounding.....just a couple more days :twisted:
Oh, poor, poor Mr. Higgins... :dis Little does he know what you have in store for him... :twisted:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
And here we thought those collapsible laundry baskets were a good idea because when you're carrying one down stairs, you can see the kitties running ahead of you and can avoid certain death. I do feel bad for Holly, though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts