Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that the best cat toys are free and expensive cat toys are most often ignored. My cats' favorite toys are those little plastic rings that seal milk caps. My cats' other favorite toy is a "baby blanket" that I started to crotchet but only got two or three rows done. Our hallway is filled with cardboard boxes that my husband is using to box up all of his books. Nori and Zoe have been thoroughly enjoying themselves playing in them. I told my husband he has to save a couple for the cats.

The worst cat toy I ever bought was a battery operated mouse. It was terribly loud and frightened the cats not to mention it cost more than I'll admit to my husband. My cats do occasionally play with those little dingle balls and fur mice.

- koneko

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'd have to say for my kitties, the best toy would be a cardboard box. They go crazy running inside of it and hopping ontop. Lidia, my kitty, has this old red stretchy string with a purple and orange fuzzy ball on the end of it. She'll carry it around the house and even bring it to you to throw for her :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The laundry basket! Definitely! If I want Harrison to be quiet for a little while, I'll put the laundry basket over him and he'll sit there patiently for an hour, eyes ablaze, waiting for some poor innocent fool to walk by, so he can strike at them through the holes...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hayley loves the laundry basket as well but I have to say that her favorite toy is the 'Cat Dancer'. I can't really say what Mandy's favorite toy is yet. She is still so young. Right now I would say her favorite toy is Hayley's tail! LOL! :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
My fat cat sammy use to carry around a pajama bottom string that got torn out in the wash. My Bengal ate it and threw it up. Sammy was crushed. :( But they both enjoy the good old stick with a feather hanging from it. That is good exercise for them and I love watching them think they are sneaky trying to stalk the feather. My Bengal will actually play "red light green light 123" with me. I noticed when I use to call her to come and cuddle with me thaqt when I said come here and was looking away she would sneak up slowly so I started saying red light green light and when I look at her she stops. We keep doing that until she jumps up on me. Its so cute. I agree that the more expensive the toy is the more they don't like it. I wouldn't trust my cat with the milk jug ring though. She would chew it up.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh, I completely forgot about the laundry basket. My two younger cats, Ben and Lidia, love it. They'll jump into it and want to be carried around the house. Also, Lidia loves bed sheets. Whenever we fold them, Lidia will hope in the sheet and we'll swing it from side to side and she'll be rolling around and even when its time for her to get out so we can finish folding, she wont want to leave, lol.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Candypaper!!! :D Or any other kind of paper for all that matters. Paperbags seems to be very funny.

·
Registered
866 Posts
My current cat loves those rabbit hair mice - the ones that look slightly real. Carries them in his mouth (when they aren't under the couch) and follows me from room to room with it, like a dog and it's ball.

What all cats I owned LOVED these big hampster-size mice Hartz used to sell, but I don't see them for sale anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts