Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two different brushes and Tigger only likes the one with the short brisselly teeeth not the korse one. help

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean or want to know about the brushes. Could you add more details into your message?
I know my cat likes most any brush and likes to rub her mouth against it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My cat doesn't mind the bristle brush, but hates the fine-toothed metal comb. However, I recently bought a grooming glove with short rubber bristles all over one side. He loves it. I don't think he realises he's being groomed - he thinks I'm just stroking him! :lol: Maybe that would work for Tigger?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I wonder if the stiffer brush is uncomfortable for the cat, maybe it scratches his skin too much. Velvet doesn't care for the brush too much either, but loves a plastic fine-toothed comb we use. It is actually meant for removing fleas, but does a great job with combing out loose hair.
By the way, she doesn't have fleas, but she did when we got her as a kitten. If that wasn't the biggest pain the the you-know where! :roll:

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
AngelZoo said:
THIS is the best, specially for shedding. I have not found anything to work better on all cats/dogs/ferrets/rats. etc you name it.

Of any coat length, it's massasing, multi purpose for during baths as well.

I'm so glad I found that brush and I buy it for all my friends :)

http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?familyid=6429&sku=4258312519&tab=1&dept_id=247&c1=225&c2=246&c3=247&ct1=Grooming&ct2=Tools&ct3=Brushes+&+Gloves
how you use this sucker? :p which way is the brush?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much we have a fine metal one that combs out the loose hair now but the other one was metal but the it diddn't have bristles it is hard and the other side has black bristles tig hates it he chews on it and will hide it. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I used to use a comb which had lots of fine bristles. It didnt really comb her very much, so now we have a thin comb with metal teeth. It works very well. She didnt like it very much at first, but she seems to be getting used to it. I like the sound of the glove brush! :D Im sure my cat would LOVE that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Whenever I brush my cats, I have found that any stiff bristled brush is what they like best, just be careful how much pressure you apply. In order to clean out the brush, I use a comb and then toss the accumulated fur into a trash can.

·
Registered
676 Posts
you use that brush just like it seems you would. put it on cat.. run down body. you will be AMAZED at the amount of fur and dander it pulls out. And a lot of animasl who dont like slickers or metal combs don't mind being brushed with this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Mona seemed to like brushing with a stiff-bristle brush, but would get a little over-excited and start biting it. She'd purr through the whole ordeal.

I picked up AngelZoo's rubber brushy massagey thing last night. It picks up tons of hair and actually makes Mona relax!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have one of those rubbery brushes and my cats love it! It works so well on hair, but I still use a little fine-toothed comb every couple of days to really get down to the skin. My girls like both, but they also like bath time and having their claws clipped too. Go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts