Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daddy handed out catnip today, and this is the calm before the 'nip hit and they started fighting... :?

From the top down: Bob, Taz, Gracie, and Simba. Our 4 boys. In the round perch on the bottom is Molly Brown, safely hiding.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Your cat tree looks like the same manufacturer as mine...Angelical Cats from Florida? I especially like the curved platforms.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Great pic, so cool that you caught them all together like that.

harry said:
great pic and what a cool cat tree. I need one of those. I have thought about making my own because they cost so much money at the stores.
We made one, it was fairly small, only two perches and cost us nearly as much to make as the one I just snagged on ebay... :roll:

By the time we bought the wood, the carpet, a few good rolls of sisal rope, gorilla glue to get that sisal around the wood for good and then the process of building it, it wasn't worth it. But....it is sturdy for the most part and they have used the heck out of it.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know what kind of tree it is, but we like it alot because it is so sturdy. We have some hefty cats 8O .

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is off topic, but if you'd like to make your own with the curved platforms, get some SonoTube from Home Depot or Lowes. It is a water resistant thick cardboard tube used to form concrete pillars. It's VERY sturdy, cuts easily even with hand tools, and the tubes are cheap. It looks like 3 platforms would come easily out of a single 15-16" diameter tube, and you can buy lengths of however much you need. I've even built subwoofer enclosures from the stuff. It's versatile.

Ok, back to your regularly unscheduled thread.

The cat tree is cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts