Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ozark originally was a stray that my boyfriend and I found at the Lake of the Ozarks. Ozark was hanging around the cabin in a rural area. We truly believe he was dumped out there since no neighbors knew where he came from.

This was the night we saw him for the first time.

He even let us hold him. Notice how laid back he is to complete strangers!

The next night he came running back to the cabin and meowed at the door. We let him in.

When the trip came to an end, I couldn't let him starve to death out there. To everyone's knowledge he was a stray. We took him into town, got him a crate and I took him home with me. He slept THE ENTIRE WAY HOME! This was from Lake of the Ozarks to OKC!

This was him a week or two after taking him in.

Here he is today...all grown up!

·
Registered
159 Posts
The before and after pic is really stunning.. he's so healthy, plump and his fur looks so plush! I just want to bury my nose in his neck and coo but it might look weird if I do that to my computer monitor. lol Another great story.. you guys are wonderful for listening to his meow and giving him a worry free life! :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Aw congratulations on your new kitty and you're such good people to be taking him in. I'm sure you will bring much love to each other's lives. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
The before and after pic is really stunning.. he's so healthy, plump and his fur looks so plush! I just want to bury my nose in his neck and coo but it might look weird if I do that to my computer monitor. lol Another great story.. you guys are wonderful for listening to his meow and giving him a worry free life! :)

Agree 100%. The cooing bit, too. :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aw! Thanks! I absolutely love this cat. :D Here are some more photos. Some of these are my attempts to see if my cat is a bit on the tubby side. I am in the process of switching him to wet food in hopes that a lower carb food will help him weight wise. He's currently on Blue Buffalo dry food which is an awesome food but I think he deserves something even better. Off topic...but yeah!

My cat has been a huge cuddle butt since I first got him.

What a difference from the starving kitty. LOL!

·
Registered
317 Posts
All the way from LOTO to OKC!? That's a far drive! We went from Lawton, OK to Camdinton, MO one time! That's just crazy! This is a great story and he looks so happy to be with you guys!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes! You are awesome - seriously. Not everyone would have done what you did. What a great story and a beautiful kitty.

·
Registered
159 Posts
LOL, LOVE the chubby bulge!! I am still so amazing at how healthy he looks. Even in the most recent pics he looks healthier and happier than the last, like he's just fit in perfectly.. the perfect puzzle piece! You've done amazing with him! That good grace and karma will follow you through this lifetime.

P.S. Off topic too.. love the blue shirt! Very cute, wish I had a shirt like that for work. Where did you get it if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
710 Posts
He is a stunning cat, he really is!

Good on you for taking him with you. He looks like a happy chap now!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Another big orange boy! I love him....he's so adorable and looks like a real charmer. I'm so glad to hear you took him home. He really needed you and you stepped up bigtime.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts