Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to read them in order? I bought all the Cat Who books that were at a yard sale today, eight of them, then came home to find out there are 29 in the series!!!! Ugh! I hate reading books in a series out of order, but if it doesn't matter....

I'll probably just sell them at my neighbor's yard sale next week if it does matter.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I haven't read any for years, but I think you'll find them to be more or less stand alone mysteries, although I think there maybe the occasional reference to past tales.

I'm disgusting. I can't even remember the author's name -- or the cat's.

Won't hurt to try one.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Lillian Jackson Braun...
Surprised I remember that (without having to look it up!).
I read a number of them probably over 15 years ago... I don't remember having to read them in any particular order, just picked the ones that sounded most interesting to me.

Edit: I remember liking them quite a bit at the time, and now I'm tempted to pick up a couple to read again

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks!!

I also got the entire series of the Sue Grafton alphabet books ("A is for Alibi", "B is for Burglar"), it's only missing two letters. $5!! I remember reading a few of them a couple years ago and I really liked them.

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, silly, I just don't like not "getting" references to what's in the other books. If I was a little ocd, I wouldn't be able to post this: (Sorry, Krissy, I know this picture makes you crazy!)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Having these books out of order is no BIG dilemma.

James Qwilleran starts out with Koko the siamese, living very modestly

Yum-yum joins later,and eventually,Qwilleran gets some $ and converts an apple barn into a cozy pad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts