Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some of you helped me yesterday deciding if I should bring this kitten home, since my SO was quite reluctant to do so (in fact, gave me a resounding NO initially). After a long talk, he agreed to let her come home, and as I'm typing this - daddy's girl is in a blanket nest that he made in his lap for her - sound asleep. He just "officially" met her this morning, as he works second shift. By the time he left for work, he had named her - Alexis. We'll be calling her Lexie. He's already instructed me that I should always greet her with her name (yes sir!!!) so that she learns her name.

And Sammy is definitely more of a momma's boy. And I've been assuring him that he's my number one boy and spending one on one time with him - especially since he's also relatively new. He's behind me in the computer chair while I'm writing this.

But - I knew that she'd win him over! She just needed some time alone with him to cast her spell over him! After all - who could say no to "the cutest kitten in the world"?

Introducing........Lexie!!! (aka "I'm cuuuuuuuuute!!!!")

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
OMGosh! I'm in LOVE! :heart

You live awfully close to people who may steal her........ :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! She's 8 weeks old. I woke up at 6 this morning to Karl saying "be careful, don't squish Lexi!" and he's already awake playing with her in bed! LOL

Then when I get up to start the coffee he says "don't take her with you, leave her back here with me!"

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heidi n Q said:
marie73 said:
You live awfully close to people who may steal her........ :D
Marietta isn't that far from Monroe.
Whoops! I meant to say 'gads-Marietta-is-at-the-ends-of-the-Earth!' 8O
Suuuuure, you did! :p Gotta keep an eye on this one! Being the innocent one and all!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Lexie is gorgeous. I can see why she has Daddy wrapped aroun her paw already.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Aww! I am so glad this story turned out to have a nice ending...

I can understand your Hubby's reluctance etc. for a new kitty after job worries - we've got the same thing going at our house, stress and worries make people resist even the things that are good for them, sometimes - it is just hard.

Your new girl Lexi is terminally cute - her coat is to die for - a living stuffed toy! (Give your other kitty tons of love, too - he'll get jealous! He's got some serious competition on the cute meter!)

:) Fran

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fran said:
Aww! I am so glad this story turned out to have a nice ending...

I can understand your Hubby's reluctance etc. for a new kitty after job worries - we've got the same thing going at our house, stress and worries make people resist even the things that are good for them, sometimes - it is just hard.

Your new girl Lexi is terminally cute - her coat is to die for - a living stuffed toy! (Give your other kitty tons of love, too - he'll get jealous! He's got some serious competition on the cute meter!)

:) Fran
Thank you Fran. Sammy is getting the bulk of my attention, because Lexie's at that age, that she doesn't really care who she gets attention from, as long as she gets attention - it could be from the dog and she's be happy as a clam.

Since Karl is more than happy to oblige her with attention, I am spending a lot of quiet time alone with Sammy telling him that he's my number one boy and that he's not being displaced by her - that he has a forever home and that I love him very, very much!

And he and I have already established an evening routine of him getting a few special treats from me in the bedroom before lights out - it's mommy and Sammy time!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heidi n Q said:
rabernet said:
[quote="Heidi n Q":1ewjfx1x]Surely you didn't mean moi? *batts eyelashes*
Naah, couldn't POSSIBLY be you - WHAT was I thinking? 8)
Pish. It must have just been a passing moment of silliness. ...goes to google Marietta... :D[/quote:1ewjfx1x]

Yah - that's probably what it was! :nods:

Now....how can I scramble her Google?...oh wait, did I say that outloud? Silly me! It seems to just come out without warning! :twisted:

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Lexie is so cute!!!! What a little doll.

Excuse my laziness for going back and looking at threads, but are you the one who was trying to decide what to do about getting the kitten when your boyfriend really didn't want one? I remember that thread; I just don't remember who wrote it. Anyway, if that's you, CONGRATS on perservering with that. What a turnaround in your boyfriend. That must be really great to see.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
October said:
Lexie is so cute!!!! What a little doll.

Excuse my laziness for going back and looking at threads, but are you the one who was trying to decide what to do about getting the kitten when your boyfriend really didn't want one? I remember that thread; I just don't remember who wrote it. Anyway, if that's you, CONGRATS on perservering with that. What a turnaround in your boyfriend. That must be really great to see.
Yes, that was me! I knew all he had to do was see her and interact with her on his own and he'd fall in love too!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
That's so great. I have a friend who did the same thing -- brought home a kitten even though the husband didn't want it -- and unfortunately, the guy hasn't come around. I don't know how you couldn't, but apparently he's just not a cat guy. I'm glad to hear your boyfriend is different.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes! Google don´t want to translate... :cry: So I try it by myself. (Sounds funny... :lol: )

You are a very lucky guy: You got a such cutie - and I am living toooo far away to steal her!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts