Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the 3rd vet clinic and I booked Yoda & Dunga for April 2nd.
I didn't like the first 2 clinics.

The lady gave me all the answers and she sounded so knowleadgable. :)

She told me that before the surgery, they will do some blood tests, etc.

She said, they are using isoflurance and before that they give them shot of Vio (or Bio) pentol (something like that). She also said they have blood pressure monitor and have interviane fluids (I don't know how to spell it...).

She was surprised I was asking her so many questions regarding the anestesia, etc. :) It's all because of this forum. Thank you all for the posts regarding anestesia and spaying! :)

Hopefully my girls will do fine! :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agenda, it's not sad. I am worried about them but I know I'm doing the right thing.

They won't be able to have babies ever BUT there are so many kitties in the shelters! Our shelter takes kitties to one pet store hoping someone will take them (bigger chance because people go to the pet store often). Everytime I go to buy food for my babies I see those kitties thinking how come they are there! So lonely! And all of them look so beautiful! You see, there are so many kitties like that. They have no home, no loving person to take care of them. It is very sad.....makes me feel like crying...

Better to safe and take home one of them then to have your cats make more babies!!!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Best of luck to you and your girls. Good for you for scouting out different vet clinics to find the best one for your kitties.
I was always a nervous wreck when my cats had surgery, even though I knew it would be fine. I think it is just human nature.
They will do great, it is amazing how quickly they are back to themselves. I work a clinic seeing people before and after surgery. Cats bounce back after surgery alot faster than most people!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how you feel... It's not easy to give the kitty away for a surgery. You just have to do what is right for them... :(

I'm sure they will be fine.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts