Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you here have seen my posts about my old cat Tommy. He got sick in May, and we never really did find out what was wrong. It was sort of upper resp. but yet sort of dental but sort of sinus.... not sure at all. He was in and out of the hospital, in and out of the clinic and had just about every antibiotic you could think of, along with steroids, bronchodialators and anti-fungals. He'd rally for a few days -the longest "well" stretch was 10 days - and then he'd slide right back to where we started or worse.

He quit the last of his home Baytril injections last week, and as I feared, got worse. I had said to myself and to him that we were done. No more doctors, no more force feeding, no more shoving pills down his throat, period.

This morning, I felt that "it's time" that everyone talks about. He could only mouth breathe, and even that seemed tired and just... yeah. Anyhow... I'm all cried out. Here's a video I made at the vet, just before we let him go.

Goodbye Tommy - YouTube

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet baby girl just a week ago so I understand how horrible you must feel. He was such a handsome boy and you are a good person for giving him love.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am so sorry. I lost my boy William on Monday so I know how you feel. We had to make the decision too and I know how hard it is. It is the worst pain in the world. But Tommy was loved and you did the right thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts