Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To test Barnaby's reaction to another cat's scent, I borrowed a blanket from a friend whose cat sleeps on it.

He seemed curious at most, just sniffing all around it, then sniffing me, then sniffing the floor all around it. At least there was no negative reaction. I had an old girlfriend whose cat would go ballistic if he smelled another cat. :evil:

Has anyone else's cat reacted strangely to another cat's scent, without actually being in the same building as the other cat?

Wondering how it works when you slowly introduce another cat by exchanging scents, how they react to it the scent.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I recently 'inherited' a cat tree and 2 cat beds that were used by 2 other cats. Mine were very cautious, and acted a little goofy, but were very eager to claim the new equipment as their own.

As far as introducing new cats, I've done it lots of times. Every situation is different, but I've never had 2 cats that absolutely couldn't be together. Some take longer than others to acclimate to the change. Cats are very terrtorial by nature, some a lot more than others. 8)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm going throught the same thing - or will be when I get Julia. She freaks when she smells another cat, but Moby seems quite placid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts