Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just let me say first that I LOVE Picasa. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this free photo editing software, it's really quite incredible, and it's recently added a bunch of new editing effects. So if you have Picasa on your computer, but you haven't updated it lately, DO! Again, this program is a free download from picasa.com

Now that that's out of the way, I spent some time playing around with one of my cat pics this morning, just to help me decompress from all of the intensive caretaking and nursing my 4-legged crew requires day in and day out. I thought you guys might enjoy the results of my photo editing playtime. This pic is of Goober, who was dumped on my "driveway" a couple of years ago as a tiny, emaciated kitten with his littermate, Gomer. Goober was so named because at the time of his rescue, one of his eyes was so goobery that it was sealed shut. This pic is of Goober's eyes now - healthy and gorgeous. Enjoy!

Laurie

Attachments

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Actually, it took no time at all to clear up his eyes back in 2009 when I first rescued the brothers as sickly little babies. A little eye antibiotic, L-lysine, and good food was all it took. Amazing how quickly even the youngest "patients" will bounce back given half a chance.

Laurie

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Love it! Makes me want to give him a smooch on the forehead!

And thanks for the tip - I will have to look into the new additions to Picasa, I have used it before but there weren't any cool tools or effects when I tried it last...

Fran

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thanks! Actually, it took no time at all to clear up his eyes back in 2009 when I first rescued the brothers as sickly little babies. A little eye antibiotic, L-lysine, and good food was all it took. Amazing how quickly even the youngest "patients" will bounce back given half a chance.

Laurie
Agreed whole heartedly with this one!!! It can surprise you how fast and well the bounce back. Goober has suck lovely eyes!! so Vibrant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts