Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I've been sitting on this for a week and I wasn't going to say anything till she actually moves in...but I just can't keep my mouth shut anymore. This beautiful young lady will be coming to live with Holly, Jake & I in a month or so...

She's a 16 month old Maine Coon. I believe her coloring is probably silver torbie. I love the markings on her feet! Her name is Jasmine, but I will be changing it to Misty. She belongs to one of my customers who needs to rehome her.

So meet Misty Rose...

And Holly and Jake say don't get too excited about her...we want to be admired too!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Ohhh she's BEAUTIFUL!
Her new name fits her well!!
Don't worry Holly, and Jake, you're a Gorgeous Girl, and a Handsome Lad, as well!
S.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Congrats!!!

She is one BEAUTIFUL! cat!

I love that last picture where Holly has her little paws crossed. Such a perfect little lady.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Congratulations! She is stunning! Your other babies are beautiful too. How exciting. Looking forward to more pictures of the fam.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Aw, congratulations! Misty Rose is gorgeous, and I love her cut - and her pose. :D Jake and Holly are adorable. The pic of her in what's probably mid-yawn is hilarious! :D

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
She is beautiful! The silver colouring is simply stunning.

Jake and Holly are very cute too! The picture of them together is adorable.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
What an absolute beauty Misty Rose is, I don't blame you for wanting to take her home or revealing your tidbit a tad early with us; in fact I think we'd all be a teeny bit dissapointed you if you hid her from us, lol. ;)

Just out of curiousity, did her owners say why they need to rehome her? I have absolutely no doubt Misty Rose will do fine in your home with Jake and Holly; she will be loved on, cared for and spoiled like a princess as long as she's with you. Hope you continue to post more pics and give us updates, too!

Congratulations to you and Misty both! :)

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone...I'm really looking forward to getting her. It's been over 9 years since I've had a new cat.

Jake and Holly are adorable. The pic of her in what's probably mid-yawn is hilarious! :grin:
Actually she was talking to me...she yaps...a lot.

Just out of curiousity, did her owners say why they need to rehome her?
She has 2 senior dogs and 4 Maine Coons under the age of 5. The dogs are starting to have medical issues. Her husband was forced into an early retirement. So it's become difficult financially and unlikely to change. She's also a bit overwhelmed caring for them all. She realizes she made the decision to take on the last 2 cats with her heart and not her head.

She's very conscientious and takes very good care of her pets. They are fed good food and go to the vet regularly. She feels she would rather give up one to the right home than lower the standard of care for all.

Misty was brought to the store for me to meet. She was a bit shy, but actually very good for being in completely unfamiliar surroundings with lots of strange noises and people. We had her in the back room, initially I put Jake in the bathroom. But her owner (I'll call her Cee) wanted to see how Jake interacted with her, so we let him out and they were fine.

It doesn't look like it from her pictures, but Misty is a big girl. I thought Holly had big feet, but Misty's are huge! Cee says she's about 16 lbs. She's a little heftier than she should be, probably needs to lose a pound, pound and a half. Cee says she loves to eat and isn't fussy at all. I do feel bad that all of her favorites are things she won't get in my house because they have some fish and Holly can't eat it. But we'll find new favorites.

The reason I won't get her for another month or so is that Kobi was peeing in places he shouldn't when he was sick. And Jake had to mark over those spots. I've cleaned it, but I know the smell is still there. So I need to have new flooring put in the upstairs hallway and office (where the litter boxes are). The office is a dumping ground, so I need to clean it up and then get someone in to measure and order the flooring. In the meantime I need to pull up the old carpet and seal any stains with odor killing primer. So it will take a while to get this done.

So, now I'm off to get cracking on my clean up project...

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
MsPepper,
I have a feeling you'd have a fight on your hands, since Doodlebug already has 'Dibs!;):D
Sharon

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
She has a entire fan club in my cooking class! I would have taken her, too. You must be counting down the days until her arrival.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.