Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one off of Amazon about a week ago, and it just arrived today. I got the 2 3/4" blade for $18.99 (a steal!!)! Just used it on Samantha and OMG...I didn't think she had that much hair to lose! This thing is amazing. I can't wait to get Rochelle and her longer hair with it. :p

The Furminator rules! :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've been lovin' the furminator tools for aabout 3 years now. Back when I bought the first they only came in about 4 widths and were all the same length.

I used that first furminator on every one of my familys pets, my parents Lab, my sisters cats, everything. Fast forward a few years and I think I've purchased 4 now as I kept giving my own away. I like the idea of the new push forward hair remover but it doesn't seem terribly effective and since none of the animals I deal with on a regular basis have very long hair the original shorter length blade works great for me and mine.

Even the husband thinks it is money well spent - and that almost never happens.

The vet tells me it is possible to over use a furminator but except for my one son who tends to overbrush in one spot on his cat I've never had a problem and most animals are quick to move away when it becomes an irritant.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I use it on Muffs and Abby once every few months. It does a great job. Abby, in particular, loves it!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So much love for the Furminator! Glad to hear it's so widely used and that the verdict is pretty much the same across the board. :) I'll use it sparingly, so I don't get bald kitties (I didn't know you could overgroom that much!). :p

Alice was never a big fan of being groomed (she can't sit still, hehe) and Rochelle is leery of new things, so the Furminator is kinda "meh" to the two of them right now.

Samantha loved it so much, she actually came back and asked for more last night. I was watching tv, with the Furminator sitting on the coffee table, and she hopped up and started rubbing on it. XD She just purrs and purrs and rubs up against me the whole time we're using it...she even rolled on her back a few times, which is rare. :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
omg I just got back from my 3 month vaca in the USA. and one of the first things I bought for my cat was one! as soon as I got home I waited for her to settle down for petting and swooped in with the furminator...she LOVES it and purrs through the whole brushing, and I end up finding the second cat she had hidden under all that mass of fur. when I pet her there is alot less hair comming off her now :) I am super happy. Tried it on my other cat but he is less enthused with the idea of it brushing his body and more loving rubbing his face on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts