Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new battery charger for my camera. As usual Maggie and Kobi refuse to cooperate (Maggie just runs from the camera and Kobi likes to stick his face in it). So here's the fuzzball...perched on the top of the cat tree.

·
Super Moderator
26,438 Posts
She's simply stunning! :luv

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
She is beautiful. :luv
...and I think we are going to have to conduct a study of red/white cats. I would like to know how many red cats with white markings have a 'spot' of red in their white markings, somewhere...Marmalade had a spot of red next to his nose, that I kept trying to wipe off because I thought it was milk from bottle-feeding and Flooter has a red toe on one of his white feet. Holly has a red spot on her muzzle...and I guess I am wondering how many other red/white cats have a spot of red in their white, too.
:?:

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've noticed the spotting as well, Holly's is very pale, but I've seen others that it's much darker. Holly's lower lip area is also faintly peachy. October's Murphy has a red spot on one of his white feet.

At one point I was looking at Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, the red & white (aka Blenheim) ones look like a doggy version of Holly. The Blenheim is characterized by white on the face and head, with a red spot somewhere, ideally on the top of the head. So there must be some sort of genetic thing with the coloring that causes it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh my!

Just look at that big, gorgeous, fluffy tail.

I'll trade you Velvet's skinny gray trail for Holly's.

Whaddaya say?

:wink

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
I can't believe I missed this picture for 5 whole days! Wow wow wow, Miss Holly is just a stunner. I can't believe her tail. Your breeder should show that picture to potential adopters! Can you imagine how frustrating it would be if Holly wasn't the type to pose for the camera?

I didn't know the thing about red cats having a spot of red on their white. Very interesting! This is Murphy's contribution to this little science project:

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
October said:
Are you saying that other colored cats don't have spots on their white?
No...Malibu has a very large one on the heel of one of her back feet and I know Toby
had some small, black dots on his white feet...and I *think* Shasta also has some
black dots in her white feet/legs, too.
It just seemed more noticeable to me, on the red kitties. :D

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
:luv :luv Holly

Hmm ... I've not noticed any 'ginger spots' in Tobys white bits ... off to inspect him now, camera in hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts