Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank goodness! I have watched programs about this elusive killer for years. In case you have not been following this case, he has confessed to 48 murders today-in Washington State alone. That does not necessarily cover Oregon or neighboring states. He probably will not give any information about those because he doesn't have a deal with those authorities.

He confessed and gave as many details as possible in return for a life sentence, instead of the death penalty. He said he has killed so many women, prostitutes and runaways that he can't keep it straight. He looks like the mail carrier or the teller in the bank or the man next door, but feels no remorse, evidently. He is a truck painter who committed these murders along the path of the Green River, so the bodies were often found near the river. The reason he chose prostitutes is because they wouldn't be missed.

These Green River killings have been going on since Ted Bundy was killing women in that area, and the police have been actively on these cases all this time, since the 80's. He will be imprisoned the rest of his life. These 48 killings make him the worst serial killer in history.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never saw that in the programs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they suspected Bundy. However, these killings continued long after Ted Bundy was imprisoned and dead. I often wondered who did what. This man said that he wouldn't take a chance on confessing to any killings he wasn't sure of, because they might be someone else's work, and he was proud of his own "work." I just heard that a minute ago! How morbid!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I have something else to add....what is the deal with the people involved with the Manson murders getting off so easy, but he (Charles Manson) is still in maximum security? Don't get me wrong, Charles Manson needs to be there, but it's not right to put Tex Watson in minimum security and let him have a wife, etc. when he was the ACTUAL murderer! I mean, anyone can tell you to go jump off a cliff--would you listen? Just because Manson told them to commit the murders, he gets the worst sentence--but I thought he wasn't actually there during most of the killings. It seems to me that the actual killer would be the one in maximum security. I don't believe that any of those people deserve to have husbands/wives and the right to make children. They are in prison for a reason!
I read Helter Skelter several years ago--if that book is accurate, those cops were morons! It seems like they overlooked alot of leads.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many people change while in prison. Manson is a sick and evil man who laughs at the authorities, and still threatens people from prison. He said he can have people on the outside do anything he wants. He's worse than when he went in, if that's possible.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize that Manson still acted like that. I figured that as old as he is now, he would have grown up and possibly changed. It seems like the last interview I saw of him was several years ago. I also remember watching an interview with one of the women that was involved. I do believe that Manson still has "followers" and could possibly have things done from behind bars (how sad). :( I guess I don't understand how one man can have that kind of influence on people.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm sometimes sceptical of people like that though - it seems like so many. Only cause there was a guy convicted here who was proved to have killed 2 women, but bragged he killed many more even though it wasn't possible for him to be in the same area at the same time.

Sorta like saying he committed unsolved murders he read about to be more notorious, in some kinda sadistic popularity contest (like - for attention).

However, I hope they can prove a lot of them and set people's minds at ease. I haven't read up on this guy at all.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was a suspect a couple of years ago. The MO has been the same, and he is directing the police to the bodies, the ones he remembers, anyway. :( According to MSNBC, it was the improvement in DNA technology that finally proved he was the Green River Killer. He took a lie detector test back in 1984 and passed it! He kept denying it until the police told him about the DNA. He broke down and started crying and asked for a deal. I tried to link to MSNBC, but that didn't work. I'll get a newspaper story for you. When there is a program on TLC or Discover about serial killers he is always included. But they couldn't accuse him until now.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
That is so terrible. I can't believe how many people he may of killed. You know alot of killers do pick up prostitutes to kill them b/c it is true, they aren't missed like regular people, they are probably people who live by themselves or such. I am quite relieved to hear that this guy has been caught. :!:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts