Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happy to say that The Happy Thread 2016 had more posts than The Complaining Thread 2016!! :grin:

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
My bike's working again! Had to replace the back tire. We've had mild temps. Need to see how my Mongoose does in snow, ice, and slush...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Good news from the vet today. All of Maisie's kidney values are improved. The only issue was his iron was a tiny bit low, but not enough so that the vet felt it was concerning. Other than that, his bloodwork looked good. We're going to be continuing with his current meds and subcutaneous fluids because it seems to be working. He had also gained a little weight, so hopefully that trend will continue too. Barring an emergency, he doesn't have to return for his next recheck till May.

I'm very happy and relieved! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Graduation and Employment

I graduate vet tech institute in 6 weeks and have an interview on Tuesday with the biggest shelter being built in Saint Louis as an adoption counselor. It is a 14 million dollar animal shelter that have been worked on for 2 years, and I am excited to be a part of it. I am also taking a shelter management course online for free through a grant. I choose to be on the shelter part of the veterinary science world and the laboratory science.

At first I thought being a vet tech only for a clinic is what I wanted... but truth is I miss shelter work. But I am sure I will be able to bring a lot of my education into play! I made a lot of achievements in school such as getting much of my work saved by teachers and helping other students study successfully for tests and such. Even the vet at the school said I was one of the most helpful students.

I am not the most social person as people know, but I have come a far way such as getting a 100% on my final speech at the school. So I think I can do this too.

In my spare time I have been writing for several websites that release articles on the proper care of shelter animals and owned pets. My articles are becoming quite more popular. Just wanted to update everyone about how everything is going!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have a new (relevant) job!

I've been volunteering at the local SPCA for the past four years. It's also where I adopted Cullen and Bentley (who passed away.) Recently a full-time position opened there, and I applied for and got the job.

To start out with I'll just be doing standard animal care, but the plan is that when we move to a new building my role will start to include more education, outreach, and coordinating programming.

I'm really excited that I'll be working with animals! I figured this was the sort of site where I could post about that and people would understand why I'm so happy about this! :)

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Wow, wow, and wow! All this good news over the past few months that I'd missed out on!

Congrats to Zach, NebraskaCat, and Blakeney Green!

Zach, it sounds like you've really found the perfect career for you and that others are really appreciating your skills - and that you've benefited as well by gaining confidence in public speaking. :)

NebraskaCat! This major news item totally escaped me. What wonderful news! :) Is there a wedding planned soon??

Blakeney Green, great news about Masie, and congratulations on the new job! And how great that you're already familiar with working at the "new" job and that you already know you like it, so the only difference is (hopefully) that you'll be getting more pay and/or benefits for doing the same thing. :) The education and outreach aspects sound really interesting as well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.