Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going into town this morning and found #14 on the side of the road! She's very small, surprised I saw her. By the time I stopped and backed up to where she was, she had run back across a ditch, but I could hear her meowing. As I came around the back of the truck, she saw me and ran into my hands. :) Anyway, was only about a mile from the house, so I turned around and got a carrier and took her to a vet. On my way back down the same road at about the same place I found her, there was a pack of 4 dogs headed down the side of the road. I know where those dogs live, and they have cats too, but who knows what could've happened? It was getting close to closing time and I didn't think I'd be able to get to my regular vet before they closed, so I went to one closer to my house. $138.00 later 8O , she's upstairs in an isolation room after having eaten a ton. :) I think we'll name her Millie because I found her on Windmill Rd. Wanted to call her something else, but of course the wife thought it was stuuupid. :roll:
Anyway, here is Millie. (BTW, this is NOT the stray that's also been hanging around lately)

Here's Millie

Vet said he thought she's about 6 weeks. She was infested with fleas and ear mites :cry:

She had also been thrown out of a moving car because she has scabs on her chin, upper left lip, and lower left eyelid. Also, her left upper and lower canine teeth are broken off.

She's a trooper tho'. She never stopped purring the whole time at the vet; well except to meow :wink:

Poor baby!!

She's gonna fit right in with the rest of The Herd!! We love her already :)

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Wow. You and your wife are really amazing for taking in yet another little waif :p She's gonna come into her own just fine now that she has a new home and 13 brothers and sisters 8O :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
awwwww poor little thing!!!! :(

She looks a bit of a state at the moment, but she is going to be very pretty when she is back to full health.

Good to see kind people like you taking care of the little ones. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
She is beatiful. What you do is just wonderful...to take in all those cats and give them a great home. Millie is lucky you found her!! Has she seen the other 13 yet? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That poor little girl! What kind of person throws a kitten outside a car? :x Hope s/he doesn't run into me in a dark alley :twisted:

Take good care of her! And be sure to keep her injuries clean so they don't get infected

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She has only momentarily met Smooth and Eclaire. They slipped into the room once while I was coming out with my hands full. She was more interested in eating than meeting anyone.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
That poor baby! Iagree, she's very lucky to have found a good home ... and you are so wonderful for taking in and taking such good care of these cats! She's a beauty, and I hope she fits right in and heals up well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
She looks so much like Eclaire!!!
What a gorgeous kitty...I have to tell you, I ended up sitting here with tears running down my face, just at how cruel someone could be to throw a kitten out of a moving car, and because you and your wife are just amazing people for taking in yet another cat.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Oh that just breaks my heart that someone would want to "throw away" such a beautiful baby! I am so happy there are wonderful people like you to take these sweet babies in and give them the love and compassion they deserve.
Best wishes to you and Millie!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sounds like someone, got a kitten, didn't take care of it, it got fleas and mites, so rather than be a decent human being and taking it somewher to find it a new home, they justtoss it out the window. GRRRRR. It's just like the box of kitten someone threw out a car by my place. I couldn't afford to take care of them, so I took them to my vet and he was happy to find them some homes. Some people actually claimed some when I first brought them in!

You are so great for taking in this sweet little thing. She has such an amazing face. What coloring!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Aww what a beautiful story. She's one lucky kitty! I can't wait to see pictures of her when her poor little face heals. It's so heart-warming that she just jumped into your hands. I can't believe someone abandoned her like that; the cruelty of humans never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an update:

She is still eating good and drinking a bit of KMR, but I can tell it hurts her to try and eat anything solid...I think her jaw is still a little sore :( She used the litter box last night and this morning. Good, solid poops 8) Her eye is looking a little better and the fleas are dropping off of her as well. She likes her carrier, I put a heating pad on low under the towels and she has a stuffed bear that she snuggles against. Not super interested in playing with any toys yet, but she does watch the string-feather toy with interest. Have brought in a couple of the Herd in one at a time to see who might be interested. The younger ones are more interest in the food!
I'm going to try Domino and Burnie today. She really needs some kitty love.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I hope everything goes well with this sweet baby, and she fits in in no time! Hopefully, one of more of your cats will sort of "adopt" her, and she'll get her kitty love!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
What a wonderful story! Such a little doll, and she is so loving despite what she's been through. And the way you just took her in without a second thought -- that is so wonderful. You have a friend for life, I'd say! :) On behalf of her and your other rescues, I want to say thank you for being a kitty angel/daddy. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts