Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a BIG problem. For the last month we have had a HUGE tom coming though our cats catflap - even though it is a magnetic one and should only allow our 2 cats in and keep this stray out :(
He basically smashes into the catflap eats the food and makes a run for it!! and if he can terrorize my cats as well he considers this a bonus....
So - for the past couple of days I have set the catflap it 'in only' and have caught this cat in our house - so I squirted him with water and gave him a good telling off!
Now yesterday I still had it set to 'in only' but when I went to confront the tom (again) he literally smashed through my catflap!!! Didn't think is was even possible when you had the wheel lock on!! But my catflap lies in bits :shock:
Does anybody out there know of an 'industrial standard' catflap for cats that are built like tanks??

Mike

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm sorry, but I got a good chuckle out of that. Just picturing this big tom puttin a smack down on your catfap, oh geez... :p

good luck with it.... :lol:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wow, that's pretty funny--although maybe not to you! I would probably ditch the flap and just let the cats in and out. I can't think of any way around an unwanted cat (or possum or raccoon or whatever the Welsh equivalents are!) coming in.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm sorry I have no advice for you. I've never used a cat flap.

I'm going to go waaaay off topic here for a second because I'm dying to know something...

My fiance and I are discussing taking a trip to Wales to visit the village where The Prisoner was taped. Does it look anything like it did in the 60s?

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes it is Waaay off topic. Create a new topic about it in the lounge that way this topic wont go in weird directions.

Anyway i would board up the catflap and just let your cats in and out as you like. Itll be safer that way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Whoa im watching the answer to ur problem on a commercial now. Its called the smart pet door the cat wears a collar that when near the door it opens so the pet can come in. And it wont let in any other animals. whoa im watchin this very sec.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Annissa, What a coincidence that you were talking about a town in Wales when a person from Wales asked a question! I can understand why you wanted to ask.

I have heard of the "smart pet door" myself. It should work well.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If the tom is only coming in for food, it may be a bad idea but until you find a better door, leave some food just outside the pet door and perhaps he will stay outside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts