Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought one or heard about people who used it?

I'm tempted to get it because I'm tired of touching the dirty litter when I'm trying to take out the containers for my LitterMaid. it's especially bad now 'cause of the new kitten and the increase in poop-count.

just wanted to know if it was justifiable to spend over 300 bucks on a litter-box...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Hopefully Kristi gets a chance to visit this thread. She purchased one not too long ago and I'm interested in how she likes it.

After two broken LitterMaid's, I'm back to hand scooping.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Littermaid

Me too Padunk.. 2 broken littermaids. Grrrr.

The old fashioned way gets it done, however messier it may be. I am skeptical of any of the automatic boxes, however expensive they may be.

But like my old violin teacher always used to say "When I win the lottery...." :p

-Heather :)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
My LitterMaid seemed to be dying on me about a week or two ago, but I just unplugged the power cord for about an hour while I was cleaning it and it's been working fine again. Besides this little incident, it's been going strong for a few years.

HOWEVER, if i knew that the litter-robot really worked and that i would not have to touch those nasty boxes in the littermaid ever again, i'd consider it too. What i do not like about the looks of the litterrobot is that it seems really big and is very high up. It seems like you have to create your own make shift ramp for them to climb inside of it. The entry way is also very small and I'm sure that would spook SOME cats...I'm sure my crazy two would be fine.

I was considering te purrforma (also known as the performa) by Petmate. It's a little cheaper than the litter-robot, but from what I gather they put it on the market too soon and it had some quirks to be worked out. I think they recalled it and are fixinng it up before they put it back out again...it would be risky but I'm still more inclined to purchase that one. I like the look and the concept much better.

I started a thread about the purrforma and littermaids a few weeks ago and that's when I heard about the robot. But, I don't recall if anyone that actually BOUGHT one had posted.

That's my 2 cents...hmm...or 5 cents rather, this post got kinda long. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Padunk said:
Hopefully Kristi gets a chance to visit this thread. She purchased one not too long ago and I'm interested in how she likes it.

After two broken LitterMaid's, I'm back to hand scooping.
LOL I chickened out and canceled that $350 order!! LOL I still have one working Littermaid. I'll buy the litter robot when it dies. ;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Isn't the Internet weird? There are now people hundreds of miles away whom I've never met who nonetheless think of me when they hear the word Litter Robot. LOL

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
kristi said:
Isn't the Internet weird? There are now people hundreds of miles away whom I've never met who nonetheless think of me when they hear the word Litter Robot. LOL
Yeah really. I don't know anyone that has an automatic littterbox; my friends and family think I'm crazy for trying the LitterMaid.

So what other group of people would I think about when it comes to cat stuff? :lol:

[addon] You're also the first person I think of when someone mentions a tri-pod cat! :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's a non-automatic litterbox, but after trying it out for a few days im hooked. You roll it onto its top then roll it back, and pull out a drawer that is amazingly full of every clump that was in there, just dump the drawer contents into the trash. Its also only about $35 for the large version, 1/10th of the litter robot cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts