Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got one today! I have been meaning to get one for a while, trying to cut down on the stray kitty hairs in the house. (Its a little glove with rubber "bumpies" on the palm that catches loose hairs when you pet your kitty) Kota loves it, but Stix is a little wary.

Anyone else have one, or something like it? How do your kitties like it?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have had it for a while and I am extremely pleased with it.
Frosty is a jumpy kitty by nature. Not only does he dislike it but he tries to bite me (not in an aggressive way however) when I brush him (with anything basically). If I continue I know that when he starts moving his tail rapidly he will hiss at me. I have learned how to deal with his behavior and I take it step by step, giving him treats and telling him how good he is doing ahead of time...breaks are a must as well. He is a cool cat that likes to stay on top of things. I just make sure he gets the independence his ego requires :D
With Cheerio - even though she is wilder (as in feral wild) - she is a very mellow type of cat, very dog like - now that she has about 90% confidence in me she allows me to brush her without a fuss but I know she doesn't like it.
Bart - my in-law's cat is the only one who loves it- thank Goodness. He won't let me clip his nails and brush his teeth - you win some, you lose some..
I haven't tried it with Tippy yet - my adult foster baby ..I am giving her time to adjust 8)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have one for Assumpta...she's not crazy about it (I don't think she likes the feeling of the rubber). IME, it's not the best (Assumpta really needs a slicker brush and shedding comb followed by a flea comb), but it's been about the only way I can brush her belly. I think it'd be a good brush for a shorter-haired cat, though, and it's been wonderful for getting the stray fur off of furniture and clothes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
8O :D

I've never heard of this before and I thought you were talking about something completely different! I guess I have a filty mind. :twisted:

Couldn't figure out why it was posted in cat chat though!

~Heather :oops:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have one. I haven't had too much success with it. It doesn't work to well on my long hair guy. My one cat really enjoys being brushed. She looks at me like she is being jipped when I use it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Artful Badger said:

I've never heard of this before and I thought you were talking about something completely different! I guess I have a filty mind. :twisted:

Naughty Naughty!!! :twisted:

Yes, both of my cats are short-haired, I see how long-haired cats wouldn't like it because it probably pulls their fur too hard and maybe it hurts them. I was amazed at the amount of fur that came off the first time I used it. Enough to make a 3rd cat!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Artful Badger said:

That's OK- that is immediately what I thought, too!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Ianthe said:
Artful Badger said:

That's OK- that is immediately what I thought, too!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
You can add me to that list too, I thought, "what the heck??" :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts