Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it? What makes it so special.

Though we are all very different people I find myself relating to some of you in a very special sort of way.

It has been 66 days since I lost my Slugger and I feel honored...honored to have been blessed with him in my life. The pain of his death still stings but when I remember him the good far outweighs the bad.

I am a man but this little furry creature turned me into jello. I would have done anything for him and given him anything in my power and though I know I can't have him back physically I would almost give anything if I could. I will always cherish him and our time together and hold it dear in my heart :catmilk

Is it just cats or is the same kind of love of love with all pets. If it is I cannot imagine it. We have had Mugsy our little dog for almost 4 weeks. He is cute and nice but I am distant though I try to treat him good and be fair. I am more protective of our female Mewy-Tewy. The bed is "cats only" right now... a dog free zone.
My wife is crazy over him but he is going to require alot of work and training .

Anyway I read some of your posts and I see phrases or terms that I had only heard before from my wife...."fluffer" "fluff" "rump" laugh.

Something as insignificant as animated hearts that I have noticed on someone's sig today. I put together a slide show on a site called Kizoa and I put some animated hearts on there with Slugger's pics. It was amazing. i did not save it because I did not want to pay for that site...I thought I would look at some software at Office Depot to see if I could find a slide show maker.

The love seems so pure and perfect. Unconditional in every way except that they are given what they need to survive and thrive. It is so personal. Though you can't communicate in a human way there is an underlying communication that you both understand. I have never been lucky enough to have children but I guess maybe its sort of like that, not that I want to presume how it feels to have a child in your life.

I don't know. I am not a very good writer so its not always easy to say what I want on paper.

Like I said about Slugger I feel truly blessed to have had him and the other cats we have had in our life and now I see cats in a whole new light.

Is there another animal that is more regal? They are truly amazing. Almost mystical.

I wish I had of know about this forum before Slugger left. :catmilk

· Banned
1,204 Posts
I feel the same about my long departed Meme and Samantha who I lost last May to cancer.
They love us even if we feel we deserve that love, they see the good in us.
They don't have ulterior motives and hidden agendas like our human relationships.
Why does it hurt so much when they die even after a long and happy life?
I've given that a lot of thought since I lost Samantha at 16.
I believe we love them like they're our children and there nothing worse for a parent then losing a beloved child, they depend upon us their entire life, they grow old but they never grow up.
Even though it's not rational when they get old, sick and die we feel that we've failed them that we should have taken better care of them, maybe we took them for granted and now that they're gone we feel guilty.
I know my cats knew that they were loved but I still feel I should have done more to have been worthy of the love that was so freely given me.

· Registered
238 Posts
I am totally in-tune with everything you have written above :)

I absolutely would do everything & anything in my power to make my cat's live's as happy & as healthy as can be

they are pure & innocent & just fill my heart with another lil bit of love & joy every second of the day, I sometime's feel my heart could burst

I have not yet lost a cat as my eldest is only 3 but I cry at time's just at the thought they one day they will no longer be here

so beautiful are these feline creature's xxxxxxx

· Registered
714 Posts
I think it depends on the person, hence dog people and cat people. I love all animals, but i have a special connection with cats because I understand them. Maybe it has something to do with the way our brains are wired. I love dogs as well, but I think like a cat.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
I adopted senior cat Zenobi and she was with me only ten short months before she was diagnosed with metastasising lung cancer that had spread. After she went, I got Missy. She's a very nice cat and I'd hate to lose her, but I just don't feel the same way about her as I did with Zenobi. My younger sister still misses a cairn terrier that she had over twenty years ago. I've heard of people getting firmly attached to horses. and other animals, so I don't think it's only cats. To have this kind of mutual affection is a gift that's not given to all. I don't know how much life I have left, but I do know Zenobi will never be forgotten as long as I live.

· Registered
8,949 Posts
I love my little Bookster and he's a sweetie pie but I can't imagine there ever being another cat like MowMow. He's my little Schmooshyface and he is just as affectionate and loving with me as I am with him.

I did have this kind of connection with my dog Mini. She died a month shy of her 16th birthday and I didn't think I would *EVER* stop hurting. I still miss her and think about her every day. Almost every dream that I have, she is there. Maybe not a main part in the dream but always in the background somewhere. Running around or laying on a couch.... It took me a good three years before I could put her pictures out around the house without crying. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be just as hard when MowMOw is gone.

HOpefully though, there will be another little soul who touches me the way they did

· Banned
1,204 Posts
I've come to love Chiquita alot more since Samantha died, she was the cat my ex left when she left.
Will I ever love her as much as I loved/love Meme and Samantha? I don't know.
Even though she doesn't miss Samantha I don't hold that against her, botching the intro was mine and my exes fault, we just didn't know better.
She's been a great comfort to me, if I hadn't had her I would have gotten another cat.
As much as it hurts to lose one, the joy they bring into my life is worth the sorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.