Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have some photos for you I took during my visit to my hometown. Let me introduce ‘The Cat’. He is around one year old and he is a real mouser. I don’t think my grandmother gave him a name, he is simply known as The Cat. He is a more a beast of burden than a pet since his job is to catch mice, but I’ve seen my grandmother to be affectionate with him.

He lives on my grandmother’s farm in rural eastern part of Poland. The farm is – and always was – organic – it didn’t have a fancy name in the past though.
As you can see below, despite his serious responsibilities he is playful and was willing to accept petting from complete strangers as me and my wife (almost in my case).

I tried to pat him on the head, but that was a huge mistake. It seems that he tolerates no disrespect, since he immediately bit me and scratched my hand. He was friendly with my wife nevertheless.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That is my kind of cat. Living life on his own terms. Has a job to do. Has humans around who are useful. No wonder he looks so happy and healthy.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
"The Cat" is a Handsome Lad!:p

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the other hand, here are pics of a spoiled cat. I've met him at the resort where I spent two weeks this year. He is overfed by the visitors, no real job to do...

Not impressed by the snack I've offered...

Refusing to hunt his potential pray...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
WOW, your photography skills are absolutely incredible! :D I just love looking at the photos you take. Please, share more! haha :D

The Mouser is such a handsome cat! Definitely looks so healthy.

I cracked up laughing at the spoiled cat... LOL! Looks so chubby and disinterested with anything. Typical spoiled brat ;) They're both such cuties, though!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'm glad that you like my photos :) I like people watching them - I'm trying to tell a story in each of my galleries.

I'm currently working on a small photo project regarding a bunch of feral cats that live in the compound of the hospital I spent some time this year. Unfortunately I missed last days of warm weather so this will have to wait a bit.

As a bonus I present you with a couple I met during a walk around my neighborhood. They keep company to a parking lot warden.

Maciej the cat:

Zuza, his girlfriend:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You take wonderful cat photos. Wish you lived near me, I would hire you to photo my bunch.
That cat on the fence has things figured out. You can tell.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You take wonderful cat photos. Wish you lived near me, I would hire you to photo my bunch.
That cat on the fence has things figured out. You can tell.
Thanks, it’s nice to hear! I especially enjoy taking cat photos, and I would be glad to picture your ferals. Unfortunately I’m on the other continent…

I’m currently working on the photo project involving some ferals that live in my city, just waiting for a better weather to finish it off.

Regards

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Your pictures are all stunning - and so are their subjects! (even the squirrel :)) You caught some great expressions on their faces. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts