Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I found this community when looking for information on cats and kittens. For the last month I've researched owning a cat and all kinds of things and about two weeks ago I picked out the most handsome gray kitten from the Humane Society. However, as some of you might have read in Over the Rainbow, his life with me was cut short yesterday morning.

Right this moment, I'm not looking for another kitten (a replacement, if you will). I want to take a bit of time to heal, and go from there.

Eventually, I will get another cat.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm sorry your time with your kitten was cut so short. But it's comforting to know he had a good life with you at the end. Beats being in a shelter.

I hope you find the right one, when you start searching for your next cat. A warm welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Hello Jade - welcome to the forum!
I am sorry about the loss of your baby - I hope you feel somehow better and found *some* peace.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm actually starting to look now, but I'm looking at older cats with stronger immune systems (probably around a year or more). I did call my vet to get more information before making this decision. I know a new kitten would most likely catch any viruses that are left over in my apartment (in the carpet, couch, etc.).

I went to the Humane Society in another county last night and they had so many healthy cats. I haven't decided which one (or two, since if you adopt one, they're just giving away a second...and those that don't find homes get euthanized...=o(...) I want. The boyfriend is going with me, because they have to get along.

I'm excited...I just want to give a good home with lots of love to a feline friend (or two!).

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Definitely get 2. I originally wanted one but two is much better, they can play with each other and cuddle and run around. My bf said he didn't want to get just one and have it be lonely when we're not home. :wink:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up just taking the one. =o( I wanted two but right now I cannot afford the food and such for two cats. Once I get more money saved up, I'll most likely go back for another, and who cares if I have to pay another $40 for adoption. That money will go towards the shelter and that's fine by me. =oD

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Jade and welcome! Good to see somebody else from the Twin Cities (the people in Minneapolis/St. Paul are wondering what I mean..) on the forum.

Which county did you visit for your kitty? Did you see the article about the panleukopenia problems they are experiencing at our local shelter?

Peace,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts