Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're always out, late at night, yelling, getting into fights, etc. I live in the bad part of the "student ghetto" (i'm in a university town. It's were all the student and rental housing is). Which really isn't THAT bad, but still. When you hear some of the things I do trying to drift off to sleep...you might be concerned as well.

OH! and i think the house next to mine is a "drug" house (i don't know if i can name drugs on here...)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Vanillasugar I hope you don't live alone :(

Man i had a horrible living situation my 3rd year of college...my roomates left our front door open one night and we had snow inside, one let guys stay overnight and they climbed into another roomates bed while she was in it... needless to say it was a horrible year...

We had loud, annoying neighbors too

Good Luck, Stay Safe
:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
vanillasugar said:
They're always out, late at night, yelling, getting into fights, etc. I live in the bad part of the "student ghetto" (i'm in a university town. It's were all the student and rental housing is). Which really isn't THAT bad, but still. When you hear some of the things I do trying to drift off to sleep...you might be concerned as well.

OH! and i think the house next to mine is a "drug" house (i don't know if i can name drugs on here...)
You mean a crack house, LOL

They probably sell all kinds of stuff. I'm so glad I never had to live in a college town like that.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that :( Stay safe! I use a sound machine to block out noise so I can sleep. There are all different kinds. My mom recently got one after using mine. They are great at covering up noise. You might want to give one a try.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ahh, yes, student life... I remember in the dorms there was this oen group of guys that always walked outside yelling stupid things every night around 1AM or so. It was so dumb... My friend that's still in school lives in an apartment off campus now, and he says he always hears the guy who lives below him yelling and cursing at his girlfriend... :(

I echo everyone else's concerns: stay safe!

·
Registered
299 Posts
There should be a school authority you can report this behaviour too. IF not, call the cops. It's as easy as that. I think i'd rather do that than go to the school officials, expecialy if you suspect drug trafficking.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries about me living alone! there are 8 people total in my house. We've called the cops once this year, because there was a kid being beaten right on the sidewalk beside our house. It only seems to get bad at night, so I just make sure not to go out alone. I'm careful! Don't worry!

Sometimes It's funny tho. There was this woman last week, that 2 nights in a row, was out in the intersection, screaming her lungs out at one of the houses, and stomping her feet. Really taking a fit. At 2:30 am! We just got up and watched from teh living room window...wondering what was going on.

I'm still not sure about the house next door...It's suspicious, but I don't really want to call the cops just yet :)

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
8O :eek: I can't believe it. That is ridiculous :roll: . Yes, I think these people are on drugs to do this :lol: :wink: . I'm so sorry! :cry:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I know what that's like - I tend to live on those areas due to cheaper rent. One of the areas I lived was fine actually - just an older part of Halifax that was looked at as "the bad area". I never had any problems there, other than the odd drunk puking outside the window, and once in a great while seeing a prostitute. I actually like living there. People would actually come up to you and chat that lived in the area, unlike the rest of the city. Me and my roommate would be working on his car on the side of the road (he had a Saab that always needed work) and people would just stroll up to chat. However, we moved into a new building around the corner from that place that was a little more upscale, and a gang of kids started hassling us (I think cause the building was unwanted - they thought rich people lived there).

Now I live in the "bad area" of Dartmouth which I'm actually kinda scared of. It's about 5-10 minutes drive from the most dangerous part of Dartmouth, but I'm far enough away not to have to worry about those problems (shootings and such - Highfield Park for people who know the area). And 5-10 minutes in the other direction is rumoured to be the only, um, "house in which women exchange services for money" in the province. No problems yet though. Other than the people being rude (total opposite of where I lived in Halifax - it's weird).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Across the road from where I live is a refuge home for adolescent girls. Most of them seem pretty nice - they've never been rude to me and one girl always stops to chat with me - but in the evenings, especially in the summer, their boyfriends come over to see them and they all get horribly drunk. My neighbour's car was a write-off after one time they thought it would be funny to smash it up, and the police are always getting called out to break up fights. 8O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts