Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to the Feline Nutrition website for putting this video together about raw fed cat's poop compared to commercially canned or dry fed cat's poop. I can attest that since feeding my cats raw (and they don't eat it every meal), there has been virtually no litter box smell. :crazy

Feeding raw is relatively easy to do, costs less and it healthier - and no poop smell. Win - Win.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OMGosh, the difference in the poops is nothing short of incredible!!

The short few weeks Moggy had been on raw were wonderful, virtually no odor from his poops and they were less frequent too :)

The smell from poops after being on dry and/or wet food are horrendous, stinks up the entire house until I could get them fully covered with litter. They are also much larger than the raw fed poops :dis

Raw for the win!!!! :yellbounce

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I don't know what the cat in the second part of that video was eating but if one of my cats ever laid pipe like that, I'd freak out! Holy Moley, that was a lota poo!

I consider myself very fortunate. The stuff I feed my girls must be alright, their poo hardly has any smell at all, and it's no where near as much as that second cat! lol closer to the first one

Good luck to the raw feeders! My hat's off to ya! I just can't go there... I'm not prepared to throw up or hire help to feed the cat. I can't stand handling it, and the smell works me over after a while.. a short while!

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha! I thought the same thing about that second cat! Reminds me of my Jack, actually. Cat face, I really do not smell the raw meat at all. The cans of cat food I open are horrendous compared to raw chicken.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's hard to say whether it's the raw or canned that leave my kitty's poo less smelly. I feed Spots Stew canned and Instinct Raw medallions. Since Josie will mostly only eat canned and does small, non-odorous poos I have to say it's both.

Kudos to those who can get ALL their cats on all-raw diets! :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Both my cats poop like the 1st cat does in that video and neither of them are fed raw :-? If they pooped as much as the 2nd cat I'd be very worried!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Last night Wee Lisbeth had (what I am assuming was) her first IBS attack since starting Raw 4-5 months ago. Normally the smell is unmentionable but this morning when I found it in the litter box there was almost no smell which amazed me! Hopefully she will come right now and her GI tract will settle back down, poor girl.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I had a foster kitty with IBD and she would poop more than the second cat. The vet didn't believe me until she pooped all over one of the vet techs when he was trying to get a sample (needless to say, they had a VERY large sample to work with). :|

Scout's poop doesn't really smell (either that or I'm just used to it).

·
Banned
422 Posts
Yeah, I saw that vid a few days ago. When I saw the dry/wet fed cat, I thought - oh, gee, is this what I'm letting myself in for??!! I don't like dealing with my own poo, much less a cat's! And unfortunately, my finances won't allow me to go raw in the very beginning, but this vid is added incentive to get there!

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really believe raw is cheaper than decent quality canned cat food. I bought a 4+ lb chicken (@ $.89/lb) added the chicken livers to make it 5 pounds and ground the whole mess up. Divided it lasts a long time and only cost me about $4.75.

·
Banned
422 Posts
^^^ I plan on using the Pierson recipe, though. That Tasin grinder is expensive.

I'll get there, though! I've made the mental commitment to raw even though I'm still catless!

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could use the inexpensive grinder and not use bone. Use the bonemeal instead. Amazon has a basic grinder for under $25. I have one and used it for a couple years before I bought that Tasin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts