Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SO and headed out to the coast for the day and at one of the park sites we stopped (near the water) there were BAZILLIONS of seagulls.

Walking back to the car after a nice long (cold) walk on the beach I noticed TONS of feathers on the ground and picked up a few nice ones for MowMOw.

WOWZA....that boy knows what he wants to munch on. I keep finding him snoot deep in the feather sniffing so hard you can hear him snuffling it. I walked in at one point and he was rolling around on top of it and grunting.......

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was at the coast just yesterday! Hopefully it was a pretty sunny day for you. It sounds like you brought the whole ocean back with you in that one little feather and MowMow is thoroughly enjoying his adventure with it lol. Adorable!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it was a beautiful day. SUPER sunny but very windy. We drove to Newport and had lunch @ Szabo's (I love that place), then up to Devil's Punch Bowl State Nature site, on to Lincoln City and back across to Salem in time to stop for dinner :).

It made me laugh because he likes chasing his feather toys but this REAL feather off of a bird sent him over the edge.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
There is no substitute for the original eh? I agree...pictures to confirm this happened are totally needed. *nodnod* Glad MowMow likes his new toy!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That's cute! You're like me...wherever I go I see things and think, "Oh, Muffs would like this, or Abby would like that". They're never far from my mind.

And, Krissy, what happened to MowMow's picture in your signature? It's disappeared!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh. My SO was organizing my photobucket last night. When he visits he does all kinds of maintenance on the mac, the macbook and all my storage sites....

I fixed it.

I found the last of the feathers this morning when I made the bed. I set it aside for a video later this afternoon after MOw's eaten, the sun is out and I've woken up enough to focus.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I probably would have gotten a more excited response if I did it before he ate but..here goes.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
as a hobby(hobby is something you like but can never find the time to do) I tie flies for fishing(plus I have tied a few hookless ones for cat toys) one fear I have is the cats will one day get into my feather and fur storage boxes they would have a party and a half with whats in there,(all finished flies, hooks and the like are stored elsewhere, in closet in a no-cat room, just to be very safe)ps I would wash all outdoor feather finds first..(they can have some nasty stuff on them)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts