Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all think it's silly and I know you all have been in the same situation. BUT I'M SO ANXIOUS! :D

Even added a little countdown to Sam & Suzy's homepage so I can check now and then how many days, hours and minutes it's left (well even seconds) until we go and pick up the kittens.

For those interested in html-pages etc, it was an easy setup and an excellent script called jsCountdown which I found at www.hotscripts.com

Anyway, help me count down to the arrival of Sam & Suzy!

http://halls-lulea.com/cats/eng/

:oops:

Counter says right now: 3 days 13 hours 6 minutes, and 30 seconds left until Sam & Suzy are coming home

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Who wouldn't be excited?!! They are so adorable! :)
Just know we want LOTS of photos when they arrive. :wink:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lori, you are going to beg me to stop posting pictures... honestly. You are going to ban me from this forum and call me "Kitty spammer" :D

THANKS!

·
Registered
656 Posts
That is so exciting! I know how you are feeling because I remember when Minnie was close to deliver her kittens... I was so anxious. Just try to keep busy and the time will go fast. :wink:

I enjoyed reading your web sites so much! The more I read about Siamese the more I discover about Simon. He is just like a typical Siamese cat. I will talk more on this in my thread Siamese behavior...as i dont want to intrude on your exciting news.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yay!! I've found taking tons of naps throughout the day makes it go faster, unfortunately thats the only thing that worked for me. Unless I was asleep I was clock-watching waiting to be able to get Chaos.

Im so excited for you! Your two hold a special place in my heart even though weve never met, I do hope your Sam is as wonderful for you as mine was for me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I also adopted a Siamese kitten from a breeder, and I was JUST as excited as you are! I was going NUTS! We took him home when he was 10 weeks old.....he is now a year old and I love him SO much. He is a blue point, and when he was a baby he had really pretty purple rings around each blue eye. That faded as he got older, but it was really neat! Good for you for getting 2 though! When Maleke was 7 months old we decided he needed a friend (because we were out a lot). I called the breeder back and she had a couple more kittens up for adoption, along with Maleke's mom who is 6 years old. But my heart was telling me something else this time, and I wanted to rescue a kitten who had had a hard time in the first few months of life. So on December 31st we went to the shelter, and there we found Magic, a little black kitten. He was 4 months old at the time and had been there since he was 10 weeks old, he was found under a shed. He had had many problems (eye infections, worms, fleas etc). Nonetheless, he was the happiest, most outgoing little guy. As soon as I held him I knew that he was coming home. They are now best friends. I'm always so happy to hear when someone decides to get 2 cats. Congrats on your Siamese babies! You will LOVE them!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gals :)

2 days, 16 hours and some odd minutes left till we pick them up! :D :D :D

This has been a long wait I tell you. We decided in january to get a siamese kitten. Then we started our search for a breeder. We found one, and she just had her cat mated and didn't know if the cat was pregnant or not. A week or so later we went to visit her and the then confirmed pregnant cat. The long wait for the birth started.

Today (friday) the kittens celebrated their 13th week birthday and on monday we will pick them up!!!!!!!!

So it feels like we've been waiting for this since the begining of January! :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
CyberPet said:
Lori, you are going to beg me to stop posting pictures... honestly. You are going to ban me from this forum and call me "Kitty spammer" :D

THANKS!
:lol: :lol: I highly doubt it!! You have no idea how much I love kitten photos. 8)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lori, I'm glad to hear... I must say I like watching those cute kittties too, even if they aren't mine. Saw some really cute bengal kittens (one week old) today.... I WANT!!!!!

(if you ever find me wanting more kitties, tell me to stop.. 2 is enough) :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I'm seriously thinking I've lost my mind! I CAN'T SLEEP! It's 4 am in the morning (1 day and 13 hours to go). Unless someone gives me a punch in the head with a hammer, I won't be able to sleep.

I'll be like mom's with newborn babies, going to sleep when the kittens are sleeping... hahaha.. I'm soo pathetic! :D

But to my defence, hubby is as anxious as me and he just went to bed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sooo excited for you .. . .I can't wait to see more pictures of the kitties when they are home with you both

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sure it's still sunday in Switzerland... here in SWEDEN *snicker* it's sunday and the SERIOUS, SERIOUS countdown has started. 23 hours to go. :D :D :D :D

*dances around in a silly dance*

Plus my sister contacted me and asked if it was ok for her and her bf to come and visit. I haven't seen her in 2 years! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
:oops: Whoops!! I meant Sweden. I actually do know where Scandanavia is. Sorry! But haven't you always wanted to see the Alps? Wouldn't you like to meet Heidi and Peter and the Grandfather? And drink goat's milk?

I'm very happy that your sister is coming to see you! :D Not too many hours left now! You should be going to bed in a little while, and the time will go much faster when and if you can sleep!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Jeanie said:
But haven't you always wanted to see the Alps? Wouldn't you like to meet Heidi and Peter and the Grandfather? And drink goat's milk?
As long as I don't get sold to Fraulein Rottenmeier. :wink:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts