Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't already seen this, you need to. It was so adorable my head nearly exploded.
Just click below; and BE PREPARED :D

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Why do the kittens do that though. I thought cats don't like being touch right there..
Usually they don't ... but in cat-parlance ... that is an invitation to play-at-your-peril because while they are on their back .... ALL their sharp-bits are available for use!

Exposing the belly is simply a ruse to lure our hand closer. Everyone wants to rub a furry belly! The outstretched paws/claws and open mouth with teeth at-the-ready are to attack when the hand comes closer.
Of course, what I described above is kitten behavior.
When cats mature, they keep their sharp bits hidden until juuuust the right moment to spring their 'trap' and grab our hand with claws and bites.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Yes, it is a cute video and the paws up is hilarious, but I think it might be teaching a kitten to scratch and bite when you touch it's tummy. Quite a few cats dislike their tummy rubbed and will not tolerate it. On the other hand others love it and will stretch out luxuriously on the floor an as invitation for you to rub it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts