Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a shot of my three roommates, even though they do NOT pay any rent, lol... the blasted varmints!!!

Left to right, we have CRACKHEAD, PHOENIX & TIGER, all cozy on their very own couch which is torn to shreds, as y'all can see... meh, better that they tear up this old sofa, rather than tear up my $1100 leather sofa in the ol' home theater, lol.

THE BLASTED VARMINTS!!! :oops:

But it's all good, Mexican blankets cover a whole heap of damage round here, lol... and the kittehs offer unconditional love, particularly when I'm feeding the knucklehaids!!! So that's how it is in this neck o' the woods... er, I mean high desert, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
Frances is a 4 year old maine coone that I love so much and her birthday is October 4th
206 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum! your cat's are so cute hope to see ya around!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I've been sharing quality time with the kittehs on this Sunday morning... they're like my kids, ya know? I also feed two other cats which I believe were abandoned when some wankers moved away, GRRRRRR!!!

But all is right with the world this morning, all five cats have eaten and they are doing just fine. Nice spring weather outside too, my three cats are indoor/outdoor cats, while the other two are basically outdoor cats, though I feed one in the house.

My cats eat atop the dining room table, they have one end of the table and I have the other... my end has the million-dollar view across the San Pedro Valley toward the Dragoon Mountains & Cochise Stronghold. I live on a terraced hill, you see.

Nice quiet neighborhood, dead-end street going uphill so no thru traffic (safer for the kittehs), virtually no crime, just a peaceful location in Cochise County with a primo view, lol. After decades on the crowded coast, I like the peace in Arizona.

My home is a double-wide trailer, but it has two wide full-length metal awnings running down the east & west sides, with wide & smooth concrete slabs beneath the awnings... the cats love rolling around on the slabs, I regularly put catnip down for them.

That shade from the awnings is nice to have in warmer months, I have a little view deck on the east side where I often hang out with the cats. There's a nice BBQ area next to it, lol. We use that BBQ fairly often, cover the grill so we have leftovers...

The cats aren't too keen on the grilled hot peppers & onions, lol. Meh, they get plenty of food every day, wet & dry, so they're in good shape. I actually leave dry food out all the time on the dining room table, but the canned food is served in the morning.

Here's a shot of our sweet 8' pool table... I keep it covered when it's not in use, can't have the cats tearing up the felt, lol. I cover it with a blanket and clean carpet remnant, so the cats have another place to lounge.

You can't tell from this picture, which was taken before I did the work, but I widened all the window sills in my home for the cats, and deliberately left 'cat caves' and cubby holes throughout the home.

Lots of vertical spaces too: shelves or ledges, the top of my home bar, a 'cat cave' in the cupboards above the fridge (which are impractical for human use, gotta reach too far---but the cupboards are perfect for the cats, lol). I leave a door cracked...

I even built some exterior walkways on the east side of my home, so the cats can exit my bedroom window and make their way clear to the roof without ever touching the ground... plenty of places to hang out along those walkways & ledges.

So it's a pretty nice home for the cats, lol... oh, yeah, there are two architectural 'islands' in our home, so the cats can chase each other round these islands, and there's a long central path which is great for when they want to zoom back & forth.

I often wake in the early hours to the sounds of galloping kittehs chasing each other, lol... I figure they're happy enough to play, so it works for me! Like I said, my cats are like my kids! Maybe I spoil 'em a little bit, lol. CHEERS!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some view shots taken on or near my terraced hillside property, just so y'all can see what my cats get to look at every day:

Those last two shots were 'enhanced' by my Canon cam in 'Creative' mode, lol, but you can see our view across the San Pedro Valley... those are the Dragoon Mountains you see, and part of the huge natural stone fortress which is known as Cochise Stronghold, since Cochise & his Chiricahua Apache tribe hung out here and defied Union troops. Beautiful area, with world-class technical rock climbing on Stronghold Granite (as it known to geologists & rock climbers). There's also primo hiking, horseback riding, offroading, remote camping or boondocking, etc. The Dragoons rise to over 7000' in elevation, but other nearby ranges rise to roughly 8000' and 9500', while Mt. Graham rises to 10720'... so even though I live in the high desert, I'm surrounded by "sky islands" complete with forests, lakes, heaps of wildlife, etc. CHEERS!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question for the mods here: Should I include photos as attachments instead of trying to incorporate them into the text? Seems like the site is automatically moving or shifting them and turning them into attachments... :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
26,726 Posts
The photos are too big, you should choose the "thumbnail" version when attaching photos. Then people can click on them and see the full version. Great pictures by the way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okey-dokey, those file photos were already reduced once, maybe there's a way for me to decrease their size even further. Not a tech expert here, just an old rogue dinosaur who fell through the cracks a long time ago... ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whew, it's hot out there... NOAA Weather issued an 'Excessive Heat Warning' for this area a couple of days ago, and we're still looking at triple-digit daytime highs for the next week. Forecast called for 108 degrees here in Benson, 114 down in Phoenix (lower elevation). Friend o' mine who still lives on the beach told me that California deserts were supposed to hit 120 today... I don't know if they did. I'm keeping the A/C cranked and making sure the cats have plenty of water. I hope this doesn't mean we're going to have a long hot summer... I'm already looking forward to fall. On a positive note, that was a beautiful crescent moon in the sky last night. Very nice, should be pretty tonight, we'll see towards dusk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts