Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many months back I posted a thread about a neighborhood cat coming to the window and driving Baxter wild, and I believe that is the reason that Baxter has attacked Barnaby in the past, because the other cat looks so much like him.

Today I hear hissing and spitting coming from the living room so I run in there so see Baxter up against the window and Leo, the other cat sitting on the opposite side of the window, right on the sill.

I was able to get some pictures of him this time.

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
When a cat goes into redirected aggression it attacks any cat around. Doesnt even have to look like it! what a beautiful cat!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel bad for Leo because his owner lets him roam freely and I'm afraid that sooner or later he will encounter one of the dangers that outdoor cats face. He has to cross 2 streets to get to my house. She said he would never let her keep him indoors and that can be a problem once you give a cat a taste of freedom outside. She cares enough to put an ID tag on him but not enough to keep him safe indoors.

He is a sweet cat with a high pitched meow, a little shy at first but he comes to you if you move slowly and talk nice to him. I wanted to pet him and give him cat treats but I really don't want to encourage him to come around any more than he already does because of Baxter's aggression. Baxter's behavior is surprising because at the shelter he was one of the most passive cats there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts