Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried to put Princess in her carrier again, to take her to the living room, but she wouldn't budge from her hiding place under the bed. Nothing I can do, she won't leave that room, she's terrified of Prince. So I gave up and went on to clean her litter box area in my bedroom. I vacuumed and all.

When I finished, I looked under the bed, then everywhere else in the bedroom, she was nowhere to be found. I then looked for Prince in the house - nowhere to be found. In the end, by a little noise, I discovered both of them hiding together in a corner in the kitchen, united against the big monster with the roaring mouth - the vacuum cleaner.

She stayed in the kitchen for a couple hours, enjoying the sights and smells and fresh air from the terrace. They then slept happily next to me and each other. They haven't fought since.

Nothing like a common enemy to promote bonding... :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Haha, that's genius! Now every time they start to fight you can just go for the vacuum and harmony will be restored.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you can bet I'll do it!

Anyone else with a "big monster" at home?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I had a similar experience when introducing Azalia and Egypt. At first, they would not get along until they had to go to the Vet together. They weren't in the same carrier, but they both went somewhere they dreaded. Once they got back home, they were best friends.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lola is absolutely terrified of the vacuum. If I so much as look at it, she runs and hides under the bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts