·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Some really neat stuff!
Or ideas to spark DYIs! :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I know, I see things like this and start wondering how could I do something like that (only cheaper!) I'm seriously thinking about clearing off the top of my bookcases! That would give them another
12 ft. of high space to play on, my book cases are already anchored to the wall so wouldn't have to worry about falling.
I think I'm under Cat Mind Control! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I especially like their window shelves - great idea having a shelf that spans the entire length of a window and attached at the sides.

I've thought about adding cat shelving in my bedroom (I already have a layout in mind), but my cats don't really spend a whole lot of time in there, so I don't think it makes sense, and I already have cat shelves up in my spare room aka the unofficial cat hangout.

What I can definitely do is add shelving along the bottom of my windows to create enough space for a lounging spot - my next project! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Love those! But I'm cheap too, so I made my own using ikea Ekby shelves. I cut one in half and bought two sets of brackets and some good brick screws. Then I just stapled a square of free carpeting from Menards on it and voila!

Here's a picture of my project, total cost around $40!

ImageUploadedByPG Free1375878524.677680.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1375878682.248623.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanabe Catlady are those the IKEA brackets? I just bought some for my SO to make some cat shelves in our unofficial cat room. I think they look very finished and tasteful. Nice job and your kitty is beautiful. Is he a polydactyl?

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found this picture which I thought was a hoot! For all those who worry about their resident cats climbing shelves! Looks like they can do just fine!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Embellish them a bit and put them on Etsy. Put some with crazy fun colors. I love that shape! I would definitely of bought one if I still lived where you could have bird houses. You can't in the desert.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Marcia, I like the bird house! Is it made so you can take the top off for cleaning? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts