Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold in San Diego. And rainy.

I'm in heaven!!!!!!! :grin:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Cold here where I live in the UK too. Loving it!

Had our traditional first BBQ of the year yesterday amidst a frosty garden.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
We finally got winter weather - about 5" of snow Friday, high temps in the 20s. But tonight a low of 6F, which is unusually cold. And then the forecast for Thurs and Fri is high temps in the low 60s. 8O

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
76 today, cold and rainy tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Snowy and blowy with gusts of 60 mph wind, and temp is 23F, with "travel advisory" on main highway 401 to and from Toronto......relatives got slowed down by a 100 car pileup yesterday afternoon, and took them twice as long to get here. They saw a lot of smashed and dented cars and some in ditches.....they weren't caught in the pile up fortunately! Had to stay overnite before they could go back to Toronto.....highway was cleared up this am. A few hours later it started to snow and blow again. That's winter in Canada!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
It's been warm the last coupla days. Got stuff done today, didn't need my coat, just my hoodie. Which means we're about to get some cold and snow. According to New England farmers, a warm spell ALWAYS precedes nasty winter weather. They call it a lying, or strawberry spring. On the bright side, a cold winter means a less severe flea season...

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Nice to see the sun today :), after a couple of days of freezing rain.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
16 inches of snow here Thursday. I spent the day shoveling. Fortunately, it was the light, fluffy stuff. Shoveled a few paths for the cats so they could get under the deck and over to the cat shed. Most of them ventured out a few times. The snow finally stopped about 3 pm and the plows went to work. Upstate NY takes plowing seriously; I had no problems getting to work tonight.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
After a warm and nearly snow free winter so far...we got almost a foot on Thurs, a few more inches this morning. Tomorrow we're expecting 12-18" and we're right on the edge of the blizzard warning line. And another nor'easter expected on Wed. And I have a nasty cold, so going out to shovel is not fun. Fortunately I only need to do the deck and a space in the yard for Jake to use.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
After temps here in Southern Ontario being in the high 50sF last week, we've plunged down to 7F this morning with gusty NW winds.....brrrr! Even the Red Wing Blackbirds that were back were silent this morning.....not a bird peep anywhere! Thank goodness I don't live in Newfoundland where they had gale force winds yesterday gusting to 87 mph. I think I would be blown away....on TV showed about 3 people hanging on to a telephone pole!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Mondo storm, dudes! I was at a friend's when the hurricane-force winds hit! There's downed trees, downed power lines...

The whole state got hit!

The sun's peeking out, now. It was still raining when I rode back. Was Robin glad to see me!

Anyone else having a thunderboomer? A good investment: SURGE STRIPS.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Here in southern Ont. by the lake thunder and rain since last night....really pouring down here now. Only two days of sun forecast this week. Need the rain, as it was a drought here last summer and a lot of farmers didn't get a crop or had to plow it under.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
So...a couple of weeks ago, I had my heat on (well, I tried - discovered that when the plumber turned off the gas to install a new line to the oven, the pilot light went out and needed to be relit), because it was about 50 F at night all week, which is really unusual for early September here. As of two days ago, we've been in the 80s, and this is supposed to keep up for the foreseeable future. A/C back on.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
We had a very hot dry summer, with temperatures in the range of 30º C (about 86ºF) and up most of the time. Then, it was as if someone flipped a switch and now we're into cold temperatures and using the furnace instead of the air conditioner.
It would have been nice to have had just a few weeks of pleasant mild weather before jumping into Almost Winter. Something in the 15-20 range would have been lovely.

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's been in the 80's most of the summer where I live and humid. Miserable. I dropped out of a group yard sale this coming Saturday because it's supposed to be 90+ degrees. Just can't do it.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
It's been ridiculously warm for weeks. And then today...snow! :kittyturn:kittyturn

Now I can start thinking about :xmasstree

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.