Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a freak accident last week, and as I can now look back on it and laugh I thought I would share this with you.
I am rehearsing for a Christmas play in which I am playing and Ogress (great fun!). At the end I have to have a fight with an Ogre. The bloke who is playing the Ogre is 6ft 5 in tall.
We were rehearsing the fight on Weds night - he has to pick me up by the waist, I pretend to gouge his eyes out and he drops me. Well on Weds he picked me up a bit too high and dropped me a bit too forcefully, and as I fell I managed to crack my head against a concrete wall :eek:
I was nearly knocked out :eek: I literally saw stars and felt everything fading away. But I didn't quite lose consciousness and after a little lie down in the recoevery position I started to feell a bit better. Albiet with a very sore head.
They had to take me home - they wanted to call an ambulance but i just wanted to get home. I saw the GP the next day and she looked in my eyes with a light and said I was basically OK. But I still felt a bit woozy so didn't go to work.

I feel fine now, and am just about to go to another rehearsal - the first since the accident. I think this gives me a lot of kudos with the 'luvvies'' now :lol: I will be able to boast about this for years to come - shows how mcuh I throw myself into a part (although it was actually the Ogre who threw me :lol: )

seashell

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had another rehearsal last night, but both me and the Ogre were too nervous to try the fight again!
We'll have to do it Wednesday though, and make sure we get it right this time!

seashell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts