Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in the cat tree thread a while ago that I'd finally decided to order an Armarkat for Apollo and Athena.

Well it arrived today! Eric and I set it up and the cats were instantly all over it. They're so excited! It's an awesome tree, and clearly the right decision to get my two super high-energy kittens.

Photos and videos below!

And two videos. First one is the two of them playing on it:

And this is Athena going nuts over the little fuzzy toy:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Nice tree! It looks like they're going to have a lot of fun with that...indeed, they already are. My girls often play-fight on the tree, just like Apollo and Athena.

·
Registered
226 Posts
nice tree and looks like they are having fun! i love to spend the big money and get one of these for my cats but i know it would be waste the money because they play for a day or two but after that it will be another piece of furniture!
i am glad yours like the tree!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah for my cats it was definitely needed! I can see how mellow cats would lose interest quickly, but these guys never seem to have enough stuff to climb all over. This purchase is intended to salvage my stationary bike from further harm, as they'd previously decided that would be their cat tower. ;)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
nice tree and looks like they are having fun! i love to spend the big money and get one of these for my cats but i know it would be waste the money because they play for a day or two but after that it will be another piece of furniture!
i am glad yours like the tree!
Have you ever been to Amarkat's website? They have AWESOME trees for way less than you'll find in Petco, PetSmart, etc. And I think shipping is FREE!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ah wow! I love it. Little Atena playing is so cute! Definitely need to get my two kitty cats a cat tree! Especially as Mitzi has decided she'll climb the curtains!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a very nice tree! Dagny loves his. Money very well spent!

I love your cat's names. I love Greek Mythology.
Thanks! Me too. :D This was kind of a double-reference for me, since Greek mythology is my favorite mythology and I'm a big Battlestar Galactica fan. We were debating between Athena or Starbuck for Athena's name, but went with Athena to keep the double reference going.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got a cat tree not long ago too. I was all worried that they wouldn't use it (give them a carboard box concept...) but even as I was putting it together they wouldn't leave the pieces alone. lol. Missy is 10 years old, never seen a cat tree in her life and she took to it faster than the younger two. Stitch of course claimed the very top as his throne.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Aw, looks like they love it!

We got our kittens a smaller Armarkat cat tree a couple weeks ago, and it's the best purchase we've made for them so far! They LOVE it! Worth every penny. :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got a cat tree not long ago too. I was all worried that they wouldn't use it (give them a carboard box concept...) but even as I was putting it together they wouldn't leave the pieces alone. lol. Missy is 10 years old, never seen a cat tree in her life and she took to it faster than the younger two. Stitch of course claimed the very top as his throne.
Even though there are two cubbies and three top platforms, they both keep fighting over the highest platform. Of course. :p

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thanks to you mine are about to be even more spoiled! LOL

Quick question, how stable does it seem? I'm looking through the options, and I would like to get a tall one, but I'm afraid to get one of the tall skinny ones in case it would tip. My cats are pretty wild, so I guess I might have to go with wide rather than tall or pay extra to get a wide and tall tree?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to you mine are about to be even more spoiled! LOL

Quick question, how stable does it seem? I'm looking through the options, and I would like to get a tall one, but I'm afraid to get one of the tall skinny ones in case it would tip. My cats are pretty wild, so I guess I might have to go with wide rather than tall or pay extra to get a wide and tall tree?
Mine seems pretty stable. I was worried it wouldn't be stable enough since it wobbles a tiny bit when they're on top of it playing roughly, but they can't seem to actually tip it over. And Apollo's launched himself at the thing several times, and weighs 10 lbs, so it seems to be holding up nicely.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mine seems pretty stable. I was worried it wouldn't be stable enough since it wobbles a tiny bit when they're on top of it playing roughly, but they can't seem to actually tip it over. And Apollo's launched himself at the thing several times, and weighs 10 lbs, so it seems to be holding up nicely.
Thanks. Which model did you get; it looks like one of the wider ones? I don't think I would go any smaller since Simone's already 11 lbs at 9 months... I'm thinking about maybe even getting one of the corner ones for more more stability, but then I would be limited to where I could put it. Hmm, options options!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. Which model did you get; it looks like one of the wider ones? I don't think I would go any smaller since Simone's already 11 lbs at 9 months... I'm thinking about maybe even getting one of the corner ones for more more stability, but then I would be limited to where I could put it. Hmm, options options!!
It was this one: Classic Cat Tree - Classic Cat Tree A7401 - Armarkat.com - Cat Furniture, Cat tree, Dog Bed, Cat Bed
Here's it's listing on Amazon:
I see it's gone back up in price unfortunately. I snagged it when it was on sale on Amazon.

And yeah I am actually considering moving mine to the corner just to be safe. It doesn't seem like it's going to tip over, but we have earthquakes here in CA, so god forbid they're on it when one happens. Plus my boyfriend's not happy with it blocking the window. I think it'll work nicely in the corner too! It has enough ways to get up from the front and other side that it can go in the corner without preventing them from using any of the platforms.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have that same tree; it's almost three years old now. I'll admit that it's not as sturdy as the high-priced ones, but it's not going to topple --- my guys have given it as hard a workout as a cat tree will ever see!

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Great. That's just great. I PM'd Yung to see if he'd ban you for posting your new cat tree pictures and videos, but no dice. Why?

This:

Cali jumped up to see your new tree on my monitor. Then she slowly looked at my pathetic little trees, then looked back at me. This is what her look said:

"Look at that tree. Now back to yours. Now back to hers. Now back to yours."

I felt like I was in the middle of that Old Spice commercial.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Great. That's just great. I PM'd Yung to see if he'd ban you for posting your new cat tree pictures and videos, but no dice. Why?

This:

Cali jumped up to see your new tree on my monitor. Then she slowly looked at my pathetic little trees, then looked back at me. This is what her look said:

"Look at that tree. Now back to yours. Now back to hers. Now back to yours."

I felt like I was in the middle of that Old Spice commercial.
I love you so much right now Marie. You have no idea. I LOVE Isaiah Mustafa! :crazy

But seriously, I think my cats did the same thing. It's a tree that blows my puny trees out of the water.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts