Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I requested x-rays and we now know that Bugs has had cronic infection with both inner ears and the bones inside have thickened. He admits the flush done by other vet probably did irritate it causing the Vestibular dissorder. And it's possible for it to be permanant. He still hoping bugs will eat if sent home and also starting him on oral antibiotics. Today is the fifth day without food. Am I wrong by bringing him home? I'm going to go get some chiken baby food, but is there still hope or is he suffering for nothing? I did read that sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks to reverse the dissorder. Would that apply in a case like this. I mean if he could start getting some food into his system, might it change. To me he looks very scary, should i look past that for now and see what happens? I do believe in miracles but don't know any vetrinary medicine. Can some one give any insight. He was very healthy before, even while this cronic infection was hidden. The lab work from last month was perfect for a cat his age.
POWERFULL POSITIVE PRAYER in a collective concsiousness does work.
susan

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kim, I just read your reply on the other thread but since I started a new one I would like to say I did spend time with the Dr. in an area wher we could talk about alot so I would not be so lost with this. I got him to do the x-ray, personnally I think I should not have had to ask for it, but I've learned alot about the Regulation Requirements in Vetrinary Medicine and I'll just leave it at that. So, I do feel better knowing something now, even though it is not better news. Things I think about mentioned in this thread are a bit different on a much deeper and sensitive level and I don't think at this point I even want to talk to my vet about the options left. However, I would like to know if there is more than one??! It seems to be a difficult one to answer as he is sending me antibotics to give Bugs at home. That's his prescribed treatment. If any has ever heard of another, please let me know soon so I can look into it. Today
susan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts