Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love this picture! There is something about liddle bottle babies that grab my heart.

Hats off to Austin Pets Alive for their accomplishment in this area. By the way , the hardest thing for my group to find is people who will take a bottle baby. Its time and labor intensive! Only special people do it.

Here’s an incredible program that is dramatically saving the lives of orphaned kittens…the bottle-baby program in Austin, Texas. Bottles, Gruel, Kittens . . . Oh My! | Austin Pets Alive!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love them! I raised 2 bottle baby kitties when I was a teenager and one in my early 20's. Since I have found this forum I am thinking about offering to foster bottle babies. I guess I never realized there was such a need for it or I would have been doing it all along. The first one was an orphan my dog found on our farm somewhere. Couldn't have been more than a couple days old. The 2nd one was an orphan my friend's cat had, and the mother didn't make it. The 3rd was the babysitter's and the mother cat drowned in the pool in the middle of the night. I have always been open to taking them in if somebody asked, I just didn't ever go in search of them. I think the hardest part is giving them up when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:worship I'm presenting to you a "cat saint" crown! Only given to those who bottle feed orphan newbies.

Did you go to the link? Great photos and what organization! Gotta love it.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
They have an impressive 80% success rate.

My next door neighbor's son found a few days old kitten and she turned into the ultimate nurse maid. She would carry the kitten tucked into her shirt by her heart between feedings. It was so cute. Little Girl is now several years old and a dainty calico.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts