Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Princess Layla has come into heat! I can't believe it! She's the next to the youngest, and it really snuck up on me because she's so small and I think of her as being the baby of the family. I know it's silly, but it makes me sad. She will be spayed tomorrow.

This little darling has become so very precious to me and the funny thing is, she's the one I really, really didn't want but couldn't turn my back on when a neighbor brought her to me. I took her in, saying to myself, oh great another kitten to raise! I'd just raised nine to adulthood and while kittens are most delightful I was worn out and looking forward to a break. Since then, I've often said to my husband, "I wish I could keep her little forever." But no such luck. They grow up way too fast!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
She's adorable! But, you're right...they do grow up too quickly. I've enjoyed all of the "stages" with my girls, although I often wish I'd taken more pictures of them when they were kittens. That time just flew by!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just dropped her off at the Vet's office. :cry: They keep the girls over night, but I don't really see the point in that since there's no one there after hours. What if there's a fire??? Or something went wrong with the surgery??? I think I'm going to see if I can bring her home this evening. I can't stand the thought of her being in a strange place alone and scared. Although Layla is the most fearless cat I've ever known. Too fearless! It scares me.

Guess I'm just being silly though. I've had a lot of cats S/N there through the years and no problems. But there's a first for everything....AHHHHHHH!:yellbounce

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You make a good point. Abby stayed overnight at the vet's office when she was spayed and, until reading your post, I guess I'd always assumed there would be someone there, on "overnight watch" so to speak. But, now that you mention it, it's entirely possible there wasn't. Fortunately she was fine, but if she or Muffs ever need to stay overnight again, I must remember to ask if there will be someone with them. If not, I might have thought they'd be better off home with me.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought with the laser surgery there wouldn't be much pain but she will be on pain meds through the night so guess I'll leave her there. I miss the little brat.

Layla is about six months, but she's small. People who haven't seen her for a week or so keep saying she hasn't grown. I guess only I can tell how much she's grown. Maybe my wish to keep her little came true, but that didn't stop her from coming into heat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts