Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have 6 cats. Started loading the car for a trip back to the family and now I can only find 1 cat. That one I've removed multiple times from the suitcase. Got all the carriers drug out & staged. Clean litter box loaded. Food check. small scratching pad. toys. Jeesh - more stuff than I packed for myself. :catmilk 14 hour drive & then I get to unload all their crap before I will be able to nap. Spoiled brats anyway.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My cats do the same thing, though my Teddy is usually too curious about my bags to stay hidden for long. Leo is so scared about going into the crate that he pees everywhere when you try to put him in. (Thank God for tile floors) However as soon as we are on our way he is fine.

Fortunately, I don't have this trouble when I have to pack them up to bring them home.

·
Registered
410 Posts
LOL! Atlas poops in the carrier every single time we take him on a ride to the vet :( not the best smell for a 35 km drive! I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. Wicket just meows incessantly from start to finish. I hope to high heck that I'll never have to take them on a long-distance drive....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bentley gets car sick after the first 15 min of travel but then is ok for the rest of the trip. Pixel does the "let me out" yell because he like to ride propped up on the dash so he can watch the traffic. The crew do travel quite well. Over the last 10 years we have crisscrossed the US either for jobs or traveling to family, always with the whole crew. They just hate the whirlwind of packing for a trip. It disrupts their nap schedule.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I hope you eventually found your other 5 cats! Abby hates to travel, "Mao, Mao, Mao", but Muffs is a dream to travel with. She goes in her carrier and I put her in the car. She looks around for a while and then goes right to sleep.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On the first drive home picking up my foster kitty he meowed unhappily at literally every expansion joint.. Returning him a month later, he was a totally different cat, but I also tried to make him more comfortable by facing his travel cage toward me and by vocally reassuring him... and I massaged his paws as he hooked them to the bars. He seemed relaxed, almost happy the whole ride out.:)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Good luck finding the little monkeys!

My girls LOVE their carrier. Whenever it's out you can guarantee one of them will pop inside for a nap. It's so adorable. They like to play games using it too. Once they're in the car they are generally okay. Mitzi will meow a bit, but settles down if I put my finger through the bars. Evie doesn't need to travel in her carrier- I just cradle her in my arms. She's much calmer sitting on my lap and being carried. Well, she IS a Princess you know- and Princesses should be carried EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everybody survived the trip. The only one who was a problem child was Bentley who decided to spend the entire trip on my lap. Which meant the others who thought they might get some lap time got the bejezuzz smacked out of them which can be a little distracting while driving 70mph at 3 am. Woke me right up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts