Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two stray kittens that are going in for some leukemia and other tests. I was wondering if vets clean and bathe kittens or is that done by groomers? I'd rather have a kitten's first bath done by a professional (while i'm witnessing it) then i'll do the rest from then on.

any ohter things i should ask the vet about that the vet might not mention or suggest?

thanks

i have two females (i think) and have yet to think of a name. but when i do, i'll post pics!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I've never had a vet bathe my cat. I would expect that you would need to find a groomer for that sort of thing, but call your vet just to be sure.

Have your vet check for fleas and general health of the kittens. My vet was very good when I took in Kat for her tests and to make sure she was healthy enough to go live with faile and Cujo. I didn't really have to ask much of anything.

Can't wait for those pics. :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Some vets do bathe cats. But you'd have to request it. Vet's should by default trim the cats nails - that is important to learn. However, a kitty should not be bathed often. At minimum every 2 months. Cat's don't need frequent bathing like dogs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i bathe my cats once a week... and they LOVE water now! its funny. sometimes my male cat will jump in the shower with me... its crazy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bjohnson said:
i bathe my cats once a week... and they LOVE water now! its funny. sometimes my male cat will jump in the shower with me... its crazy
omg that's cool! are they adults now? wow bathing once a week, my vet told me once every two months is good. however, if the cats enjoy it i'd love to make em squeaky clean once a week.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
It's not good for the cat's skin to bathe it more than once every 2 months. Although kitty will be squeeky clean, I wouldn't advise it. Once your kitties are out of the kitten stage, lapchern, they will be much more clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts