Cat Forum banner

Think it's a real cat?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Heidi n Q 
#1 ·
#6 ·
...I don't think so... (ref: CGI) I have seen both dogs and horses walk that way due to putting something strange on their feet/legs. Dogs, when they first put snow/mushing boots on them and many horses, the first time they wear 'splint boots' or protective wraps, will High-Step thinking they just have to step *out* of them, so they lift their feet as high as they can. I could easily see the cat walking across the coffee table and then sort of falling/plopping off the end because they are distracted by the items on its' feet and not paying as particular attention to being graceful.
No, I don't think that was *planned*, but I do think it was probably a serendipitous bonus when they filmed. One of those we'll-only-get-to-film-this-dramatic-reaction-once shots.

#7 ·
Looked pretty real to me. I've seen the same when new objects are placed on an animal's feet.

I think it's about as cruel as putting a collar on a dog or cat who isn't used to one and thus over-reacts because if it.

Like Heidi said, I think the cat falling off the table was because of him being distracted.
Personally, I cracked up.

#14 ·
Here is a video of a horse doing the same thing, reacting to protective gear worn on its' legs for the first time. The animal doesn't understand what it is and that it is actually *on* them, they think they've stepped *into* them and they only need to step *out* of them, so they do the Funny Walk, trying to lift their legs high enough to step out of the things they feel on their legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAdebdooAk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.