Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking about getting one or two new kittens. I have two males, and one female already, and want to get two more males. What should I expect? My three cats turned a year old last month, the two I wish to adopt are 5-6 months old. The kittens are pretty much to same size as my cats. Is it not a good idea to bring two tomcats into a home with two other tomcats that have been here all of their lives? How much is to many cats? How many cats/kittens do you guys have?

·
Super Moderator
26,583 Posts
"Too many cats" is when you can't afford to take care of them. If you don't have credit cards, you should have money set aside for emergencies. Just one emergency vet visit can cost $1,000, depending on circumstances. Having indoor/outdoor cats means things will happen, as you've already found out.

And all the cats should be fixed, if they aren't already.

Reactions: JenMorri88

·
Registered
54 Posts
None of your animals are spayed or neutered? Personally, that sounds like a lot of cats. If you can afford the food and vetting, that's one thing, but I wouldn't bring unaltered animals into my home when they are old enough to start spraying or go into heat.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
All our cats should be neutered or spayed, including kittens that are 5-6 mos. old just about to enter the "terrible teens". Unneutered cats tend to spray urine to mark out their territory, and have fights to defend it. It sounds like a recipe for a lot of unhappy cats and a lot of work cleaning up urine every day.......definitely don't recommend it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Too many cats" is when you can't afford to take care of them. If you don't have credit cards, you should have money set aside for emergencies. Just one emergency vet visit can cost $1,000, depending on circumstances. Having indoor/outdoor cats means things will happen, as you've already found out.

And all the cats should be fixed, if they aren't already.
Totally agree!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts